January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...bits of Peter Beagrie if you’re a touch older. The lad likes a drag back, but he’s clearly a talented footballer.
I liked beagrie. He was an entertainer. I’ve always liked players like that. If there’s a bit of end product as well that’s even better. one of my first favourite players was Duncan McKenzie. when I was about 9, playing right wing, I used to beat a full back, then turn round and beat him again for fun. Drove the teacher bonkers.

Very average all rounder
Does make you wonder why were after him. Maybe Ancelotti think he is a step up from what we have and who wouldn't be. Still not the creative ball player we desperately need in midfield. This Everton looks good on video. Just once I'd like a player to come in to everton and hit the ground running. And I'd love it to be Soares. Imagine the scenes at Goodison if he produced that skill most weeks

I liked beagrie. He was an entertainer. I’ve always liked players like that. If there’s a bit of end product as well that’s even better. one of my first favourite players was Duncan McKenzie. when I was about 9, playing right wing, I used to beat a full back, then turn round and beat him again for fun. Drove the teacher bonkers.

....ha, ha, that where we differ, Jimmy. Beagrie must’ve been so frustrating to play with if you were the CF. The likes of Johnny Morrisey and Sheedy were much more effective, only needing half a yard to whip in brilliant crosses. I wasn’t a fan of McKenzie at all.

i like effective footballers.

....ha, ha, that where we differ, Jimmy. Beagrie must’ve been so frustrating to play with if you were the CF. The likes of Johnny Morrisey and Sheedy were much more effective, only needing half a yard to whip in brilliant crosses. I wasn’t a fan of McKenzie at all.

And you’re completely right. Morrisey was before my time but sheedy was great. My favourite was probably kanchelskis . He had it all. I still get a twitch when I see a sublime piece of skill but if it goes nowhere it’s useless.

I have always had rose tinted glasses when it comes to McKenzie . When I think of him , I remember the arrogance and his prancing around with the ball and thinking how ace he was however when I actually think about it as a modern football fan you're both right . He was pretty useless apart from geeing the crowd up .
You've ruined my childhood . Boooooo.

Love you eggs

I have always had rose tinted glasses when it comes to McKenzie . When I think of him , I remember the arrogance and his prancing around with the ball and thinking how ace he was however when I actually think about it as a modern football fan you're both right . He was pretty useless apart from geeing the crowd up .
You've ruined my childhood . Boooooo.

Love you eggs
Remember Stan Bowles?

Yep, he would try to beat the same man 10 times, while the strikers had to keep making another run. Amazing when he scored his one goal a season for his flip though.

Can you like both types, ha, I know I do, we've always had cracking wingers, Jimmy Husband, Dave Thomas, Trevor Steven, Kanchelskis, Limpar etc. McKenzie was more an inside forward, Sherry brilliant, Morrissey must have been a nightmare to play against, if you kicked him he just kicked you back harder.

And you’re completely right. Morrisey was before my time but sheedy was great. My favourite was probably kanchelskis . He had it all. I still get a twitch when I see a sublime piece of skill but if it goes nowhere it’s useless.
For me Dave Thomas every time,with a player like him out wide now DCL on current form could be looking at a 20+ season.

Status
Not open for further replies.