New Everton Stadium Discussion

That is the single biggest worry I have about the move.

I think it's the right thing for the club commercially, redeveloping Goodison is probably not feasible given the space constraints. Much as it's our home I don't think we can continue to expect folks to put up with obstructed views, inadequate toilets etc. I worry though about what will be lost. The atmosphere, the sense of history locked in those stands, the memories of past games, the routines of individual matchgoers locked into whichever local boozer they've made their own.

A lot of the new grounds seem lacking in atmosphere. The Etihad looks incredible, but it's a bit of an antiseptic experience as a fan if that makes sense?
I wish I could lose my memories of some of the games I’ve seen at Goodison!

It’s been nothing but misery and letdowns for a whole generation of blues now, myself included!

I wish I could lose my memories of some of the games I’ve seen at Goodison!

It’s been nothing but misery and letdowns for a whole generation of blues now, myself included!

I guess its human nature that when you're faced with losing something you only remember the good bits. Ultimately it's just wood, steel, concrete etc. and I realise it's dated as modern stadia go. It's still the stadium that my Grandad went to though with my mum and those are the kind of links with the past that the new stadium will never have for me. Of course a new generation will be building their own memories at BMD and that's as it should be. Let's hope they're good ones.

Praying we avoid the new stadium curse that has eviscerated every club building a "newie", I thought Leicester were the exception then remembered their owner perished in a helicopter at the ground. The malevolent gods have immediately descended on Spurs where despite the human sacrifice of Pochettino the beating heart of the club - talisman Harry Kane - has effectively been assassinated.

BMD is a nice idea but is it salvation? :(

* note to self - never use objective analysis re footy.

Praying we avoid the new stadium curse that has eviscerated every club building a "newie", I thought Leicester were the exception then remembered their owner perished in a helicopter at the ground. The malevolent gods have immediately descended on Spurs where despite the human sacrifice of Pochettino the beating heart of the club - talisman Harry Kane - has effectively been assassinated.

View attachment 77340

I dont think we'll have that problem to be honest.

View attachment 77340
I would not worry too much about it
Lads on here reckon the carpetbagger will never build it lol

I'll treat the day we leave Goodison Park as though there's been a death in the family. To progress, it has to happen, but it will be a sad, sad day.
I've already decided not to go to the final game at Goodison, firstly because it'll be far too sad for many personal reasons and secondly I'd prefer to give up my seat to my youngest grandchild who can live with that memory far after I've popped my clogs and pass on his memories to his grandchildren.