2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew he was this fast from what I had seen of him previously. Once he gets into his stride he is lightning and he can run that fast with the ball too. If you think of some of the strikers who get bought and sold for £20m plus these days Kean is a steal at £27m + add-ons at 19. People who slated him and wrote him off ignore he has only had 5 starts in the Premier League. They were writing him off after 2 or 3 starts ffs.
Nobody should have been writing him off, but the fact that it took until the 29th game of the season for you to see how fast he is probably tells its own story. Only having 20 minutes at the end of a game and being in a new country can be used as mitigating factors for the lack of goals, but they don't prevent you from running fast, and yet I would agree with you that Tuesday was the first time we'd really seen it. Hopefully he can start to show that sort of level more often now.He'll have ups and downs at his age, but at least we've seen an up now, and it should do his confidence a lot of good.

There not many worse midfields in world football than we have at the moment.

Still doesnt mean I would be signing a load of kids.

I get it, you and Zat love the kids, I love quality footballers, age isnt important to me.

I like quality footballers too. I don't think Everton can sign quality footballers unless we figure out that they are quality footballers before everyone else and more times than not that means when they are younger.

The only way to have "quality footballers" is

1: To develop them
2: To strike lucky e.g Digne
3: Bring in older players for a final season

The cheapest and less risky way is '1'.

The only way to have "quality footballers" is

1: To develop them
2: To strike lucky e.g Digne
3: Bring in older players for a final season

The cheapest and less risky way is '1'.
And the strike lucky one has netted us in the last 10 years Digne, Gueye and ? Did I miss anyone or is it really just two players?

So, good players we bought and made quality players :

Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Gomes, Digne, Gana, Mirallas, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines.

Young players we developed :

DCL, Holgate

Outstanding transfer policy, sign me up

I was critical of Kean in this thread the other day. Stating I’d yet to see anything from his limited game time to suggest he could be a success in this league. Forget the goal that will do wonders for his confidence, but I saw snippets the other night that suggest he just might be slowly coming accustomed to this league. For example he seemed stronger on the ball, more aware of his teammates and had a more assured first touch. Let’s hope continued work with Ancelotti on the training ground in the next 10 days will improve him still further before the next game.

Holgate I keep forgetting for some reason.

But you aint having Richarlison, he was already a premier league player when we bought him.
I pretty clearly remember everyone saying we wasted money doing it though. The goal isn't to but PL players at any rate. Mark Noble is a PL player. The goal is to buy higher than that and Richarlison has only got there since coming here.

Romelu Lukaku is also a player we had once. John Stones too.

I was critical of Kean in this thread the other day. Stating I’d yet to see anything from his limited game time to suggest he could be a success in this league. Forget the goal that will do wonders for his confidence, but I saw snippets the other night that suggest he just might be slowly coming accustomed to this league. For example he seemed stronger on the ball, more aware of his teammates and had a more assured first touch. Let’s hope continued work with Ancelotti on the training ground in the next 10 days will improve him still further before the next game.
Kean showed some excellent ball control and moves I wouldn't have attributed towards him purely based on physique. Very pleasing. Hope he keeps it up.

I pretty clearly remember everyone saying we wasted money doing it though. The goal isn't to but PL players at any rate. Mark Noble is a PL player. The goal is to buy higher than that and Richarlison has only got there since coming here.

Romelu Lukaku is also a player we had once. John Stones too.

so what are we upto now like 5 young players developed and sold for decent profit

Status
Not open for further replies.