January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

.....it’s Thursday 23rd January and before I rush out to collect my granddaughter and take her to nursery, I better give you folk this morning’s Toffee transfer gossip;

- According to Brazilian media, Everton might still make a bid for Gremio forward, Everton Soares. UOL suggest there was a meeting in Liverpool last weekend when the chances of a move for the 23 year old was kept alive. Radio Grenal say Gremio would accept €30m to ease their financial problems.

- Inside Football report Everton interest in 23 year old AZ Alkmaar winger, Oussama Idrissi. The Moroccan is valued at £20m.

- Turkish outlet, Futbol Arena, say Steven Nzonzi has turned down a move to Sheffield United. The Roma midfielder is on loan at Galatasaray and prefers a switch to Everton or West Ham.

- Tuttosport continue to suggest Everton are willing to sign Juventus midfielder Emre Can on loan this month. Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United are also interested in the 26 year old and it could be the final days of the window before a deal is sorted.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton midfielder, Muhamed Besic has hinted he’d like to turn his loan move to Sheffield United into a permanent deal. The 27 year old enters the final 12 months of his contract in July.

- According to SportBild, Schalke would like to keep Everton loanee Jonjoe Kenny beyond the end of this season but fear they are not financially strong enough to sign the 22 year old right back on a permanent deal.

- The Athletic suggest Everton face fresh competition for striker, Krzysztof Piatek, after Manchester United contacted AC Milan about a loan deal. United see the Polish international as a short-term replacement for Marcus Rashford but are put off by Milan’s insistence of a permanent buy-out clause.

Last edited:
.....it’s Thursday 23rd January and before I rush out to collect my granddaughter and take her to nursery, I better give you folk this morning’s Toffee transfer gossip;

- According to Brazilian media, Everton might still make a bid for Gremio forward, Everton Soares. UOL suggest there was a meeting in Liverpool last weekend when the chances of a move for the 23 year old was kept alive. Radio Grenal say Gremio would accept €30m to ease their financial problems.

- Inside Football report Everton interest in 23 year old AZ Alkmaar winger, Oussama Idrissi. The Moroccan is valued at £20m.

- Turkish outlet, Futbol Arena, say Steven Nzonzi has turned down a move to Sheffield United. The Roma midfielder is on loan at Galatasaray and prefers a switch to Everton or West Ham.

- Tuttosport continue to suggest Everton are willing to sign Juventus midfielder Emre Can on loan this month. Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United are also interested in the 26 year old and it could be the final days of the window before a deal is sorted.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton midfielder, Muhamed Besic has hinted he’d like to turn his loan move to Sheffield United into a permanent deal. The 27 year old enters the final 12 months of his contract in July.

- According to SportBild, Schalke would like to keep Everton loanee Jonjoe Kenny beyond the end of this season but fear they are not financially strong enough to sign the 22 year old right back on a permanent deal.

- The Athletic suggest Everton face fresh competition for striker, Krzysztof Piatek, after Manchester United contacted AC Milan about a loan deal. United see the Polish international as a short-term replacement for Marcus Rashford but are put off by Milan’s insistence of a permanent buy-out clause.

All very flat...

Left field shout, but i'd cash in on Kenny and raid Norwich for Max Aarons once they inevitably get relegated. I've always been impressed with Aarons when I see him play.
Sidibe is average, and in a couple of seasons we would have to replace him again. Aarons is 20. Keep Coleman as backup.

My worry in the summer is the shifting of highly paid deadwood like Walcott, who the hell is going to take him anywhere near a wage of £100k+ a week

Check and mate with him until his contract is up
Same for Sigurdsson
Same for Sandro
Same for Schneiderlin (although if he can bring the good Morgan I've no qualms him being in the squad)
Same for Niasse
Same for Martina

I know the latter aren't on high wages but in terms of wage to quality ratio then they are probably similar

My worry in the summer is the shifting of highly paid deadwood like Walcott, who the hell is going to take him anywhere near a wage of £100k+ a week

Check and mate with him until his contract is up
Same for Sigurdsson
Same for Sandro
Same for Schneiderlin (although if he can bring the good Morgan I've no qualms him being in the squad)
Same for Niasse
Same for Martina

I know the latter aren't on high wages but in terms of wage to quality ratio then they are probably similar

....Niasse and Martina will not be a problem in the summer because they are out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.