January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd are monitoring him aren’t they

In any event Rochdale would demand 30 mil which is the going rate for a young English player these days

No chance, I know Luke and he’s just an average lower league player.

If he was any good all the big, local premier cat 1 or 2 clubs would have taken him from Rochdale, without the need to agree a deal with the club due to his age as per the EPPP and paid the compensation, which would have been a couple of hundred grand at the most.

If he was any good all the big, local premier cat 1 or 2 clubs would have taken him from Rochdale, without the need to agree a deal with the club due to his age as per the EPPP and paid the compensation, which would have been a couple of hundred grand at the most.
He looked so good in the fa cup match and against Man Utd last season I’m surprised no one has done that

He can actually cross a ball as well

I hope when you say "you know Luke" that you don't mean your mates with him. He might be proper upset if he knows your saying he's an average lower league player behind his back lol

We should be looking primarily for the quality in this league. There is plenty of it there and some of it can be had for tremendous value if we are smart. What we've got to stop doing is fetishizing foreign players who we know nothing about and where we often get our fingers burnt. Think Moyes.

We're defo waiting for other teams to make moves, so we can take their surplus. That, or were 2nd or 3rd choice to the players we want, and they're holding out for their main choices before defaulting to us

We're gonna do a last minute scramble again

We should be looking primarily for the quality in this league. There is plenty of it there and some of it can be had for tremendous value if we are smart. What we've got to stop doing is fetishizing foreign players who we know nothing about and where we often get our fingers burnt. Think Moyes.
Aye. Go for good honest non foreign players like Moyes did. Like Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta, Coleman, Donovan, Yobo, Fernandes, Heitinga, Jelavic, Mirallas, etc etc etc

Brexit means Brexit eh?

For me you can forget Utd and Spurs they have enough for top 6.

Best we can hope for is 7th which means competing with Wolves, Arsenal & Sheff Utd.

None of those teams will do business this month and 2 of those still have 1 eye on the europa League.

I cant stress enough how big it would be if the club went out and signed even just 1 top quality player this window- someone to give a boost to everyone and you never know it could give us that Jelavic esque lift needed in these final 14 games to sneak top 7.

Do people believe we are safe at the moment? The way things are going you will need well over 40 points to stay up I reckon. Surely we need some new faces to ensure we don't get dragged into the mire?...
Here you go, pretty sure this one will help

FA620304-6E68-49E6-B30E-5A8D9819E098.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.