Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at our run-in and I’m genuinely concerned - about 8 of our remaining games are guaranteed losses

Nah there's enough games there where we will collect wins. DCL has been consistent, Kean off the mark, Richarlison back. Just that midfield is the main issue. Holgate has saved their blushes by slotting in so well at the back because the other 2 50p heads ain't got a brain cell between them

To take a positive slant, that was the best Kean has played; Kean and DCL look like they could actually form a strike force; Bernard is flying; Holgate continues to improve; Sneids wasn’t horrendous; I genuinely believe that had Richy been fit last night we would have been four ahead by the time the subs came on; had Gomes been playing too, we might have run up a cricket score.

the result was a shock, no doubt, but I do think it was a good performance the last ten minutes aside. You can see that Carlo is starting to mould them and I believe that by the end of the season with our best (current) side fit, we will be enjoying each game.

I was genuinely confused as to why Niasse came on, but I think he was looking at not getting Bernard pick up an injury due to fatigue and Kean deffo came off to give him the standing ovation ( his confidence should be a mile high after last night). So yes I had the raging hump walking back from the match, but with hindsight, I enjoyed the game (not the result obviously) and see that as a signpost for the Style of football Carlo is looking to bring us.

It was a good performance but it all comes to nothing because of the last few minutes.

And those last few minutes come about in part because of poor changes forced by poor recruitment.

And that shouldn't be happening.

It was a good performance but it all comes to nothing because of the last few minutes.

And those last few minutes come about in part because of poor changes forced by poor recruitment.

And that shouldn't be happening.

Exactly! I'd rather be a lucky team like they are than play well and not win. The whole night was wrecked by one mad minute

Nah there's enough games there where we will collect wins. DCL has been consistent, Kean off the mark, Richarlison back. Just that midfield is the main issue. Holgate has saved their blushes by slotting in so well at the back because the other 2 50p heads ain't got a brain cell between them
I just don’t see where a win is coming from to be honest. If we can’t win from that position who are we going to beat?

you cant see a win in 14 games ? now thats Doom and Gloom way overboard
Of our remaining games I can only see us taking points from 4. Which essentially would mean we have to win against Norwich, Palace, Villa and Bournemouth. I just don’t trust us with any must win games

Of our remaining games I can only see us taking points from 4. Which essentially would mean we have to win against Norwich, Palace, Villa and Bournemouth. I just don’t trust us with any must win games

Would your view had been the same had we won last night?

We'll pick up more than four points, stop being dramatic.

I know we're bad, but we're not that bad.

Would your view had been the same had we won last night?

We'll pick up more than four points, stop being dramatic.
That’s a moot point frankly. If we had won last night we would have been 9 clear of the drop and had a platform to build off. Now we will have a completely demoralised, mentally weak squad going into a difficult run of games which could shatter them further. The only bonus is DCL, Kean, Bernard and Richarlison being good footballers, and having Gomes and Gbamin back before long. As I’ve said, anything good they did last night is erased by dropping two points in that manner.

IMG-20200122-WA0000.jpg

How the hell do we get to this , both centre half's off the pitch and god knows what Pickford was doing.
Plain and simple Basic Defending !

Then again we should never ever have been put in that position by players ??? that came on had done their jobs properly.

Utterly unproffessional .

....actually thought we played ok up to a point. We were much superior to Newcastle. We offered threat, they offered none.

i thought the substitutions were puzzling. Bringing off a ball retainer (Bernard) and replacing him with somebody who lacks composure and the ability to keep possession in Davies (as we saw at Leicester). Thought it much more sensible to leave DCL up top and bring on additional midfielder, but Ancelotti first pushed Walcott up top and then Niasse. Strange.

There’s nothing new to say about Pickford. What you see is what you get. Lots like him, I’ve never been a fan from day one. He lacked the physicality to deal with the cross leading to the first goal, but to be fair there was a chain of events that shouldn’t have happened before his eccentricity was exposed for the equaliser.

Crazy we lacked the professionalism and tactical nous to see out that game comfortably. Players and Manager were at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.