2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree but that still doesn't excuse bringing Niasse on instead of, for example, Gordon.

Niasse has no future here, offers nothing and is dreadful.

If you're gonna make a change, at least have purpose to it.

And yes, as I've said, I am frustrated with our DoF/transfer department for not having targets in place and ready to come in in clear areas of weakness - namely midfield.

Carlo has a free half season to figure that out. Everyone will get the chance to show him what they have to offer. The job starts in May.

But for the 2mins of utter madness from Pickford, Davies and Delph he would have managed to get Niasse in the shop window and Davies/Coleman on.

I was surprised he didnt take Kean off for Gordon and kept the same shape.

Hes trying to give the squad a chance to show him what they can do and so far only Holgate, Mina, Richarlison, DCL, Bernard, Kean have showed up.

Short term 2 pts dropped but hopefully now he has more idea of whose in/out.

We agree on a lot, I usually find you one of the most balanced posters on here.

I have always said the same about all of my posts on here, I post about what I see at the time. I didn’t (and I almost never do anything like that) say ancelotti is an abysmal manager. I just said it was abysmal game management, because I think it was. I think Pickford’s goalkeeping was abysmal in the last few minutes tonight but I don’t think he is an abysmal goalkeeper. I think Lucas digne’s decision to clear the ball the way he did tonight was abysmal but I don’t think he’s generally abysmal. I’m not questioning ancelotti in general but that’s the second consecutive home game where I think we’ve given up the initiative for no reason. Silva would have got pelters but ancelotti is being excused. I’m not overly happy with that.

Ancelotti did tonight what Moyes did regularly.

Took the boot of the opposition’s throat when we were in control of the game.

I just cannot understand why a central striker was replaced by a full back when the Barcodes were dead and almost buried.

We were winning 2-0 and had three full backs on the pitch.

Suspect he said more to the players than he's letting on, that said. I wouldn't mind if he was just staying quiet and reserved with the team to see which players are happy taking a pay cheque.

Of course, I’m sure he got mad for a bit. But I think it makes sense they don’t ruin mood for training for the next 10 days over a couple of minutes of madness.

I’m just trying to ascertain the point being made, unsurprisingly, by certain people..

We’re apportioning ZERO blame to a manager dropping two points from a 2-0 position at 94 minutes?
Exactly right. A team of professional footballers should be able to hold a 2 goal lead for 2 minutes without any need of a manager’s instructions.

The blame lies solely at their feet.

People turning on Carlo already. Dam. I know we are bad but thought we’d give this particular fella a good few years. We will lose him I’m sure of it.

What happened there was 100% an Everton thing.Getting teams into the champions league and winning loads is a carlo thing. I wouldn’t start questioning him until we are 4 years down the road and haven’t improved. And even then I’d be looking at us more than anything.

For the majority of the match we played well against a poor side. I was happy with what I saw. To throw it away like that was hugely disappointing.

As the players get fitter and better drilled, and Ancelotti learns who can't be used as a sub, such moments at the end of games should become rare. A learning experience for Ancelotti with regards to his players. He'll be hard pressed to have a good reason to have Niasse in the squad again for me.

Players at fault here not the manager. Closing a game down is as old as time itself and most times it happens. This issue is we dont have enough calm measured players. To many who make rash decisions.
Ancelloti is not a fool and he probably wont trust this lot again with a decision like that until he gets players in with the calmness and brains to see out what managers have and still do.
We need a lot of new players. We pay wages to the level that we should have players capable of being smarter.
Huge job and huge clear out needed.

Carlos fault Pickford flapped at his cross for the equaliser, not for me. Pickford started that comeback because he's awful at catching a crossor punching a cross, useless GK.

I totally agree but that still doesn't excuse bringing Niasse on instead of, for example, Gordon.

Niasse has no future here, offers nothing and is dreadful.

If you're gonna make a change, at least have purpose to it.

And yes, as I've said, I am frustrated with our DoF/transfer department for not having targets in place and ready to come in in clear areas of weakness - namely midfield.

Niasse is not good enough. But we needed a forward and I'm not sure Gordon is a forward.

None of the subs had the slightest impact on the errors we made. Both are largely the goalkeeper's fault. I cant understand these arguments because unless Niasse told Pickford to mess up twice then I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

Niasse is not good enough. But we needed a forward and I'm not sure Gordon is a forward.

None of the subs had the slightest impact on the errors we made. Both are largely the goalkeeper's fault. I cant understand these arguments because unless Niasse told Pickford to mess up twice then I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

It's the finer details

Niasse both times the ball to his feet, he miscontrolled and lost possession

Davies the same except then concedes a silly foul which leads to the goal

It really really stings that because I was very pleased with how we played

Status
Not open for further replies.