2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny but it's almost like he's an ok player who can function in a decent setup but who isn't good enough to have an impact when the rest of the team is a mess too.

Not great, not terrible. Always has been.

Technically, perfectly fine as a defensive midfielder whose only job it is to keep the ball ticking.

However his application and attitude over the past three years has been utterly appalling, which makes the above even more frustrating.

Should be right out the door in August.

Schneiderlin has scored two league goals since 2015. 5 years, 2 league goals - that is my issue with him. Offers nothing going forward. It is rare he tries a through ball, very rare indeed. Rare that he dribbles. 2 goals in his last 132 appearances for Man Utd and Everton. 1 goal every 66 appearances..3 assists in his last 132 appearances.

Schneiderlin has scored two league goals since 2015. 5 years, 2 league goals - that is my issue with him. Offers nothing going forward. It is rare he tries a through ball, very rare indeed. Rare that he dribbles. 2 goals in his last 132 appearances for Man Utd and Everton. 1 goal every 66 appearances..3 assists in his last 132 appearances.
It’s not his job to score or assist, but he’s bad at his actual job most of the time too. If nothing else he should be able to aid the transition from back to front and at minimum be disruptive when the opposition are in control. He was ok yesterday but by in large does next to nothing.

He's had so many chances and they all slipped through his fingers - picking him and expecting things to be different is idiotic.

Gayue was twice the defensive player and he had the occasional strike on goal - Sneids has had his chance(s) and once injured players return it's time for him to go (at the end of the season).

He just isn’t right mentally. I feel for him a bit with the passing of his father (the experience was dragged out for years which is horribly draining). But I fully expect him to revert to crap next week. We can’t keep these wishy washy players around. Good luck, get well, but please do it somewhere else with less pressure.

Seems to have an inflated sense of entitlement. Usually shows once a game or so in the form of a snotty, unnecessary, tactically stupid foul, often a booking. "you dribbled past me so I'm going to gouge you and then sulk" kind of thing.

A player with his CV could/should be the calm but tough minded leader in the middle of the park that, for instance, organizes the squad defensively on a hasty free kick in the last moments of a game that we had dominated for 90+ but were suddenly in danger of blowing. But like others of his vintage in the squad, talented players and internationals who were good enough to make Sky Six sides but not quite good enough to stick there, and ended up with us, he's not commanding anything.

A younger player can run hot and cold, right? For a player in his 30's... since the stamina and pace and the physical gifts are not quite what they once were you expect stability, consistency, nous, good judgment, guile, steel, maturity, leadership....

Schneiderlin's not that guy, I'm afraid. And we need that guy. But he's not it.

(Neither is Delph, who supposedly had all those senior-player qualities and who also mostly had a good game vs Newcastle but has turned out to be an even bigger knob than Schneiderlin, as impossible as that might seem).

Status
Not open for further replies.