Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel there will be a few more slip ups before Ancelotti does get things right, a couple of his own choices of players in then he can make his mark on the team. We won’t see the best of Ancelotti untill next season.

Of course not, they are the same players after all.

It will be fine, for the first time in years I am not fuming about tonight's result, I am actually pretty calm.

Delph and Schneiderlin played really well tonight though. Especially Schneiderlin.

Of course that's just one game. I actually take a lot of positives from tonight, the team looked much fitter and played some really nice stuff, Kean finally got a goal and apart from a freak, sloppy and inexcusable final two minutes we were good.

That doesn't make the loss of two points any less annoying of course.

Above all though it will tell the manager who the weak links are.
His subs were the worse link .....Gordon for Walcott was all that was needed....

So as well as that , from recent memory.

Millwall's late winner in the cup.
Numerous last minute against the rs.
The Oldham goalkeeper scoring last minute.
jags giving ball away last minute for united to score in the cup.
Dignes last minute own goal against Brighton.
Leicester last minute this season.

Beginning to think there is a recurring theme of last minute winners against us , can you really put it down to being unlucky or is it because the time switch off constantly thinking the game is over?

Don't forget Distin in a cup final.

We're mentally poor like this constantly. Unforced errors. Pickford randomly basically throwing the ball to Origi in the derby. We constantly "Everton" the crap out of situations no other club in world football would even imagine doing.

The club is mentally weak, top to bottom.

There's no doubt we've got some kind of block when it comes to derbies and cups, but this was a nothing home game against a nothing side that no one really cares about. This was just us switching off and being complacent, rather than us bottling a big occasion, when the pressure was off. These are the games we usually see out. Because they don't really mean anything. In that sense, the whole thing was actually extremely un-Everton, to me.

I cant watch this Delph/Schneiderlin partnership and our back up ATM is Davies. Walcott is the best we got wide right, we need to buy this window no matter waht the cost. I dont think these players are anywhere near up to it for the rest of the season.....

This has been obvious since the window opened but the joke of a club is going around making Graeme Sharp some made-up title as part of the "jobs for the boys" culture at the club instead of actually bringing people in.

The fans don't deserve this. There's a massive disconnect - I actually hate the club, everything about it in its' current form. There's an undeserved arrogance about it.

I'm sure our future signings are watching that cess pit of the last four minutes and thinking, nah, I'll give it a miss thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.