How quickly things can change in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
CA is manager of Everton for 31 days now. We have moved from relegation contenders to top six contenders in that time.
We would have a benefactor whose wealth extends to several billions although we are not sure of his exact relationship with the club just yet.
Planning permission formally lodged for the new ground.
The value of our squad would also appear to have risen even in that short space of time with Holgate and DCL in particular having probably added nearly 70-80m to their combined value. Tom Davies through regular football will have increased his value but not as dramatically and Richarlison has at least cemented the values he was linked with last season.
I am not sure if many players have decreased in value in that time but some of the newer arrivals like Kean and maybe Iwobi have had mixed seasons so far, but both are young and are still settling so there is plenty of hope for them under CA.

Baby steps but reasons for optimism after a miserable time to be an Evertonian.

CA is manager of Everton for 31 days now. We have moved from relegation contenders to top six contenders in that time.
We would have a benefactor whose wealth extends to several billions although we are not sure of his exact relationship with the club just yet.
The value of our squad would also appear to have risen even in that short space of time with Holgate and DCL in particular having probably added nearly 70-80m to their combined value. Tom Davies through regular football will have increased his value but not as dramatically and Richarlison has at least cemented the values he was linked with last season.
I am not sure if many players have decreased in value in that time but some of the newer arrivals like Kean and maybe Iwobi have had mixed seasons so far, but both are young and are still settling so there is plenty of hope for them under CA.

Gordon...think Carlo thinks very highly of him...not sure what we bought him for, but probably double that at the end of this season.

CA is manager of Everton for 31 days now. We have moved from relegation contenders to top six contenders
giphy.gif

you don’t think so? Certainly in terms of points away from 5th it’s not mind boggling where he’s got that opinion from.

Beat Newcastle tonight and I don’t think it’s outlandish to make such claims. (If only we turned up against West Ham)

Really good post mate , I thoroughly agree.
However positivity such as this will cause davek to raise from his slumbers. Tin hats required all round.

you don’t think so? Certainly in terms of points away from 5th it’s not mind boggling where he’s got that opinion from.

Beat Newcastle tonight and I don’t think it’s outlandish to make such claims. (If only we turned up against West Ham)

The hole that can be picked in your logic is the part in brackets. For as long as we continue to not turn up against opposition like West Ham, people will (rightly) remain sceptical of us having turned a corner and being able to look upwards with confidence, or even expectation, as opposed to in hope. West Ham was properly "Everton that" as was the humiliation at Anfield. I'm thoroughly behind Ancelotti (it's the deadweight players holding us back) but as far as charging up the table is concerned, I don't dare get too excited whilst we put in performances like West Ham.

The hole that can be picked in your logic is the part in brackets. For as long as we continue to not turn up against opposition like West Ham, people will (rightly) remain sceptical of us having turned a corner and being able to look upwards with confidence, or even expectation, as opposed to in hope. West Ham was properly "Everton that" as was the humiliation at Anfield. I'm thoroughly behind Ancelotti (it's the deadweight players holding us back) but as far as charging up the table is concerned, I don't dare get too excited whilst we put in performances like West Ham.

the point is correct in spite of the brackets. The brackets were merely there to lament how much closer we’d have been at this point in time.

At what point would you say we’re in the hunt for 6th? 3 points or less? In Jan?

the point is correct in spite of the brackets. The brackets were merely there to lament how much closer we’d have been at this point in time.

At what point would you say we’re in the hunt for 6th? 3 points or less? In Jan?
It's a perception thing I suppose. I mean points wise we were only 7 points off 6th when Silva left, so it's not like we've massively closed the gap in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.