2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get how people can have seen enough of him in 19 games to come to the conclusion that he isn’t good enough yet have seen Tom Davies in 100 odd and believe he still has more to come.

DCL had absolutely everything in place for him to succeed. He came from the football league, he had a stint in the U23’s then was drip fed appearances before being given a chance as and persisted with as our number 9. It’s only this season that all that is starting to pay off.

Kean’s come to a new league with a new culture and a new language at 19 years old with only one bit first team development at Verona and people are expecting him to make an instant impact.
So you didn't expect him to make an instant impact? If I looked at your posting history from August it would all be you saying don't expect too much from the lad, he probably won't do anything for months, I doubt he'll even start games? There'd be nothing in there where you call him 'one of Europe's brightest talents', you won't have repeatedly called for him to be starting right from the very start of the season, and mentioned more than once how infuriating it is that he's not, even hinting that he may have already been looking for a move away before Christmas because we weren't playing him enough?

So you didn't expect him to make an instant impact? If I looked at your posting history from August it would all be you saying don't expect too much from the lad, he probably won't do anything for months, I doubt he'll even start games? There'd be nothing in there where you call him 'one of Europe's brightest talents', you won't have repeatedly called for him to be starting right from the very start of the season, and mentioned more than once how infuriating it is that he's not, even hinting that he may have already been looking for a move away before Christmas because we weren't playing him enough?
How does me saying his one of Europe’s brightest talents make me expect him to make an instant impact please? How is me saying he should be starting from the beginning and then getting annoyed when he isn’t not advocating that he needs time to develop?

How does me saying his one of Europe’s brightest talents make me expect him to make an instant impact please?
Well you're trying to put it across as if a £1.5m punt who'd played his most recent football in League 2 was more likely to make an instant impact than a £27m player who you believe to be one of Europe's brightest talents and who had played his most recent football in the Champions League. It's a pretty ridiculous notion truth be told.

I see you've also ignored the bits which show you definitely were expecting him to make an instant impact (unless you like to advocate us starting players who you don't expect to do anything?) and just focused on the one you think you can argue with.

I'm not trying to be funny with you, I'm just saying it's total revisionism to pretend we didn't expect him to make an instant impact, because we did. All of us, pretty much. He hasn't, and that's disappointing. He can still turn out to be a great signing, and there are loads of possible explanations for what's happened, but I don't like this trend of criticising fans as if they shouldn't have expected anything from him, because it's very much a case of using hindsight to make the point.

Well you're trying to put it across as if a £1.5m punt who'd played his most recent football in League 2 was more likely to make an instant impact than a £27m player who you believe to be one of Europe's brightest talents and who had played his most recent football in the Champions League. It's a pretty ridiculous notion truth be told.

I see you've also ignored the bits which show you definitely were expecting him to make an instant impact (unless you like to advocate us starting players who you don't expect to do anything?) and just focused on the one you think you can argue with.

I'm not trying to be funny with you, I'm just saying it's total revisionism to pretend we didn't expect him to make an instant impact, because we did. All of us, pretty much. He hasn't, and that's disappointing. He can still turn out to be a great signing, and there are loads of possible explanations for what's happened, but I don't like this trend of criticising fans as if they shouldn't have expected anything from him, because it's very much a case of using hindsight to make the point.
Actually I’m saying the complete opposite. I’m saying that DCL had a lot in place to succeed and that all of that is only just paying off now a few years down the line.

I’ve maintained the fact that he needs to be given time as all youngsters do and if you look at some of the greats in the game if people had written them off early doors where would they be?

Actually I’m saying the complete opposite. I’m saying that DCL had a lot in place to succeed and that all of that is only just paying off now a few years down the line.

I’ve maintained the fact that he needs to be given time as all youngsters do and if you look at some of the greats in the game if people had written them off early doors where would they be?

Anyway he hasn’t made an impact straight away has he so what do you advocate, we sell him right away and pretend it never happened?
No not at all. I'm not saying he needs to be publicly flogged or sold or that he's a waste of space and can never come good. I'm pretty sure i've just explained that - again - actually. In answer to your question, what I would advocate is that people stop pretending they always expected this to happen when it's quite clear they didn't, but maybe i'm expecting too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.