Kick Off 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you are saying (if am I right in my understanding) is that Everton aren't on TV tonight, but a TV company has dictated we have to kick off at 19:30, even though we've never kicked off at that time at Goodison before??

Au contraire.

7.30 p.m. was always the time for evening kick offs back when I started going the game.

It changed to 7.45 sometime in the 80s, I think.

To be honest, I hadn’t noticed the game kicked off at 7.30 either.

So, what you are saying (if am I right in my understanding) is that Everton aren't on TV tonight, but a TV company has dictated we have to kick off at 19:30, even though we've never kicked off at that time at Goodison before??

We kicked off at 7.30pm against West Brom at Goodison when we won the title in 69/70. 7.30pm was the usual time for night kick offs.....

Why though?

They did this the night all the games were on Amazon.

The derby at The Pit kicked off at 8.15 but all the other games started at 7.30.

The reasoning they gave was tgat people couud watch the whole of their own game then the second half of the derby.

Sounded pretty lame to me.

And it seems even lamer that they are doing it on a night when Amazon isn’t involved.

TV companies are testing how much they can change K.O times, fixtures, the colour of kits, team selections, crowd noise, refs, Var monsters, price of a pint, the weather.................
BT are showing Sheffield United v Man City at 7.30pm and Chelsea v Arsenal at 8.15pm, similar to what Amazon did

its on TV channels all over the world, sky/Bt make more money from them than they do in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.