2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you want to play football at a certain level you have to be brave," Ancelotti added.
"You cannot be shy. You have to take responsibility and the players with more quality have to take responsibility.
"Here in general we have a young squad but players with a strong personality and players who are experienced like Delph and Walcott who can help the young to show more bravery and have more courage. I like the players who are going to take responsibility on the pitch.
- echo

"If you want to play football at a certain level you have to be brave," Ancelotti added.
"You cannot be shy. You have to take responsibility and the players with more quality have to take responsibility.
"Here in general we have a young squad but players with a strong personality and players who are experienced like Delph and Walcott who can help the young to show more bravery and have more courage. I like the players who are going to take responsibility on the pitch.
- echo

Calling the cowards out for what they truly are.

- echo

There's a guy over here who runs Quick Step, the most successful cycling team in the world and you hear him say it at least twice a year. If you are riding not to lose, you'll never win. And if you're scared when you're racing, that's ok... You can go and race on a smaller team.

Winner talk.

I’d put Mina in the group of ‘players he can trust’ and take Sidibe out of the ‘players who are good enough’ categories.

I agree with the Mina part, i liked Sidibe more about a month ago, maybe he's had too many games recently and needs a break. He's also a better RB than a RM, so I'd rather him play RB. Walcott is not the answer as a right winger.

Agree mate.

Was thinking these last few days that the RS and MC aside, this division is crapp.
Like many lads here I watch too much football and I reckon the last time the overall standard was so poor was around 2011.
Leicester are a good team without too many stars, they blend well. This sets them apart from the rest of the also-rans.
The Sky 6 has become a Sky 2 and the other 4 are in a decline of sorts which opens things up.

Having said this, we have a lot of catching up today after 5 wasted years of opportunity.
Leicester are 2/3 because they have a striker who knows where the net is. That’s the main difference. We need a 15-20 goals a season striker

DCL is on course for 16 this year (assuming he keeps his current pace).
The main difference with Vardy over DCL and I guess it’s from experience, Vardy only needs 1 chance where DCL needs a few. Got the feeling DCL with become top draw over the next 2 years. Get some better players around him could be hitting over 20 a season

Leicester are 2/3 because they have a striker who knows where the net is. That’s the main difference. We need a 15-20 goals a season striker
To be fair both DCL and Richarlison are well on for 15 goals this season. It's the rest of the team, that aren't pitching in. Leicester's midfield is a lot better than ours.

We had one of those.....he scored 24 goals which resulted in 9 points more.....

It's not just about numbers, it's about when and who.

I'd sooner have a striker who makes a nuisance of himself all game, forces defenders to clear lines rather than have time to pick passes or bring the ball out.... who is alive and alert to grab a one goal winner or equaliser in the 80+ minute.

With lukaku you knew in the first 10 minutes if he was gonna score and be active or just trot around disinterested.

I said it a million times.... Lukaku is a great addition to any squad to go on for the last 20 against tired legs. He's like a hyena... shows a great level of interest when he feels he's at a physical advantage.

I'd sooner have a striker who makes a nuisance of himself all game, forces defenders to clear lines rather than have time to pick passes or bring the ball out.... who is alive and alert to grab a one goal winner or equaliser in the 80+ minute.
I thought you were talking about Niasse there, until I read the last bit... lol

He's done very well to politely call out the group of cowardly knobheads we've got and have consistently called out for years.

He's well aware of who the dossers are and I cannot wait for them to be turfed out

Status
Not open for further replies.