January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield is the problem

Left: Bernard/Gordon
Centre: Gomes/Gbamin/Davies
Right: Iwobi

Sign a centre mid and get Andrei Kanchelskis on the right.

Sell: Schneiderlin / Delph / Sigurdsson / Walcott

Think we need to sign a leader, plus great saying that we need to sell...... who is going to buy them on the contracts they are on

Finally I believe Iwobi looks better central not on the right, so more as a 10, which we don’t adopt at the moment

Insert further list of players we aren’t buying and that we know need moving on, as if it’s a surprise!

The midfield is the problem

Left: Bernard/Gordon
Centre: Gomes/Gbamin/Davies
Right: Iwobi

Sign a centre mid and get Andrei Kanchelskis on the right.

Sell: Schneiderlin / Delph / Sigurdsson / Walcott
None of the players have proven themselves to be irreplaceable. Figure out how we want to play and buy a whole new midfield that suits that. And for the love of God don't move to the buying players part until we have a plan in place. The scattergun buying has to end.

There was a reason why Silva wanted another CM. Our depth is appalling and have seen it due to the injuries of Gbamin and Gomes. We have a solid team when got just need a few missing pieces to be competitive. A centre back, right winger and central midfielder is vital in the next two windows. I understand this isn't possible without offloading the deadwood first.

There was a reason why Silva wanted another CM. Our depth is appalling and have seen it due to the injuries of Gbamin and Gomes. We have a solid team when got just need a few missing pieces to be competitive. A centre back, right winger and central midfielder is vital in the next two windows. I understand this isn't possible without offloading the deadwood first.

I see no reason why we cant get those 3 in over the next 2 windows, but some people seem to think we are gonna be buying 11 new players and selling half the current squad, its not happening.

We need a CM to go with Gomes and Gbamin for next season as we cant just rely on them staying injury free but we cant just buy one if they are unavailable till the summer or we will end up with one that doesn't fit our team. Hopefully we can get a loan in.

I think Douglas Luiz has been a crab for most of the season, Villa fans give him loads. Cant argue with Grealish. But I just get the feeling he may not play as well for another club and it would cost us a shedload to find out
Who is the Villa midfielder who got crocked? He was the one who looked tidiest to me this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.