January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I genuinely feel that we actually will end up going ‘with what we have got’ during this transfer window, which is the worst central midfield in the league.

We need at least one central midfielder this January, and then I’d be happy to see us get that Jarrod Bowen to play right midfield in the summer.
May all depend if we can shift a few then we may have the pennies to get a loan in. I wouldn't expect anything till the last week of the window though.

Agreed, but I genuinely feel that we actually will end up going ‘with what we have got’ during this transfer window, which is the worst central midfield in the league.

We need at least one central midfielder this January, and then I’d be happy to see us get that Jarrod Bowen to play right midfield in the summer.

January window is notoriously difficult though and we have too many mistakes on the books already. Unless they have the right guy line up I'd sooner they wait.

Emre Can would be 100% a CA signing. I am surprised that he is as young as he is after just turning 26 last week.

I just could not see him coming back to the city of Liverpool where he would be hated by the red half and the blue half would also have reservations because of his previous allegiance.

But, a good player , probably exactly what we need in midfield, far far better than anything we have and is versatile as well being able to cover at least three positions.

January window is notoriously difficult though and we have too many mistakes on the books already. Unless they have the right guy line up I'd sooner they wait.
It's not THAT difficult, it's made out to eb more than it is. There are a lot of leagues that are finished at this point(Russia and all of SA), there are players with the last 6 months of their contract, you get them signed up then you try to bring them in earlier, players with release clauses etc. It's made out to be far more difficult than it really is. And I know I am saying this with 0 experience doing any of these deals but I just think the "it's really hard" is nothing more than an excuse.

Not so sure we get anyone of any merit this window. Unless we are in stealth mode. FFP has us between a rock and a hard place. Niasse won't leave he loves us so much we'll the money anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.