2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
His positioning was ridiculously deep at times, we were being out played in the middle while he was in hiding behind Mina and Holgate like a sweeper.

of course could have been asked to pick it up deep, but he seemed so far back at times

I remember he went on loan somewhere then came back. Then on his first game back he hit a pile driver off the crossbar. I think I remember that anyway. Can't even remember who against or even if it was home match.

He was very 'languid' and looked lazy compared to Dacourt who was 'all action'.

We were not used to that type of player who was in his first season at the club and on big money wages...also of course some genius gave him a 5 year deal for a 4 year work permit.

He hit a few 25-35 yarders and made some great passes but couldnt adapt fast enough to the league and looked lazy.

He did pass forwards and he did have a few scorching shots...while being new to the league.

Delph...i think has been in the league all his career and so expectations would be there to be at least average.

Ancelotti has come out mentioning Walcott and Delph as experienced players who should lead by example.

This wont end well...

That could easily be a motivational tactic. He's called them out publicly. If you're saying it that way, the implication is that they aren't and that they can either start doing that or ride pine until they can be shipped out.

Reading between the lines, I'm hearing: "You guys have won trophies. I have won trophies. We both know how to win them. So you guys can either start showing the young players what those teams did that they are not, or I will conclude that your hearts are not in this and react accordingly."

Subtle leadership - it sounds like a compliment, but it very much is not.

That could easily be a motivational tactic. He's called them out publicly. If you're saying it that way, the implication is that they aren't and that they can either start doing that or ride pine until they can be shipped out.

Reading between the lines, I'm hearing: "You guys have won trophies. I have won trophies. We both know how to win them. So you guys can either start showing the young players what those teams did that they are not, or I will conclude that your hearts are not in this and react accordingly."

Subtle leadership - it sounds like a compliment, but it very much is not.

Yeah it can definitely be seen both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.