2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us are very critical of this 19 year old. I accept he cost a lot of money, which is not his fault and that he has fallen short of the expectations of some of us, again not his fault but he is 19, in a new country, in a new league, in a lesser team, trying to understand the language. Add to that he does seem to have some issues. When I go on holiday it takes me a day or two to feel comfortable and I am there to relax not turn in top class football preformances.
I really don't know if he is going to turn out to be as good as I initially hoped but I feel that unless he is given a proper chance we will never know. I also am of the opinion that if we are fixing the wrongs in the team in terms of priority he wouldn't be the first thing I would look at.

I'd say continuing to play them when they clearly aren't ready for the responsibility is what holds us back. For example, would Tom Davies be playing regular first team football for any of the top 6 teams in the country? I don't think so.
I’d say it’s more out of necessity. I find it harsh that a young player is slated for not performing when too much is being expected of them due to us having a crap squad.

Thought Moise Kean did ok against the Hammers to be fair, and didn't stand out in the game for being terrible or brilliant.

Personally I think he needs to concentrate more on doing the basics; he did a couple of 'dummies' and the like when maybe it would have been better to just play the ball. In previous games, I've seen him try bicycle kicks when something less extravagant may have been the better option. Hopefully, he'll play in all our remaining games at some level; he needs regular involvement to keep his match fitness up and to help him gel with the rest of the team in actual matches. Let's see how he's doing in 12 months.

Would people be saying he will come good if he was a £30m singing for Liverpool who hadn't scored a goal in his first 6 months? I have my doubts. We're all desperate for him to do well but saying he definitely will based on what we've seen is just out of hope rather than expectation.

That's a fair point, I don't claim any special ITK but was told by someone way up the food chain that he's really struggling to settle, homesick, lost, out of sorts and wants to return home. I can believe that, while he's a professional footballer he's also a 19 year old kid and I guess if he's not happy then it will follow that he is form could be affected, especially in a team that is struggling to find a stay and system. I would hope that he does begin to feel more at home and that Ancelotti can start to get the best out of him, got to be given a fair chance.

Would people be saying he will come good if he was a £30m singing for Liverpool who hadn't scored a goal in his first 6 months? I have my doubts. We're all desperate for him to do well but saying he definitely will based on what we've seen is just out of hope rather than expectation.
Lol. If a signing like that showed nothing in 2 games he would be banished until he showed something or sold.

It’s the difference in culture abc expectation.

The fact so many fans think producing absolutely nothing in 6 months is acceptable and he needs more chances shows how far this club has sunk.

The deep rooted negativity and obsession with slating our young players holds us back.
Absolute nonsense.

There are groans when the ball bounces off the feet of these players at Goodison but I never hear boos or anything other than encouragement for them.

But in return the likes of Kean/Davies produce dismal displays whenever they are on the pitch.

He was at fault for west hams goal, should never have started unless DCL wasn't fit. Do think that if we weren't playing four midgets in MF he wouldn't have had to be at fault for their goal, but ah well.

He’s been a massive disappointment. People are contorting themselves into all sort of positions to try not to admit it!

He might come good (hmm) but this season has been way short of what was expected.

You can say six months but Kean hasn't had a consistent run of say five or six games, we would have a better idea of how good he was then. Does not look match fit to me, need games consistently to get that, difference between being fit and match fit.

Is expecting one good performance in six months impatience now? Maybe people are right after all when they say it’s the fans fault we’re awful.

Most people are not shouting for one good performance, they're wanting him sold already and writing him off as not good enough. Plenty of his sub cameos this season have been fine too, so he hasn't been overwhelmingly poor. Maybe we as a fanbase should learn from the Holgate and DCL experiences and not rip into our young players straight away. There are enough senior players stinking out the gaff to have a go at.

I watched kean most of the game today to try and look abit closer at him as a player. In the first half he had quite a few nice touches and got out of a difficult situation on a couple of occasions. At one point he tracked back to almost the penalty box just to make a good tackle and win the ball. He made a number of decent runs but nobody could find him. Yeah second half he went missing but I think it's more the fact of how poor our midfield is more than how poor kean is.
This our biggest issue is in midfield. We have two strikers scoring and a kid still adapting to a new league. Our problem is retaining the ball and no player to make through balls also we can't push up because our DMs lack pace.

Most people are not shouting for one good performance, they're wanting him sold already and writing him off as not good enough. Plenty of his sub cameos this season have been fine too, so he hasn't been overwhelmingly poor. Maybe we as a fanbase should learn from the Holgate and DCL experiences and not rip into our young players straight away. There are enough senior players stinking out the gaff to have a go at.
No, most people are quite rightly questioning the performances of a first team player earning first team wages. They were right to do the same to others who weren’t performing aswell, and someone like Holgate starting to improve over the last couple of months doesn’t mean it was wrong to question him. He’s still got a lot to do to prove he’s good enough to be our main centre half for years to come. A tiny minority are advocating selling Kean now, many more people are suggesting that expecting him to have contributed anything at all in 6 months is absurd and unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.