David Moyes hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris75

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Moyes was the 3rd longest serving prem manager before leaving us. Is it not reasonable to think that like Man utd and Arsenal, the wheels have come off a bit because of this lack of stability/ change of ethos etc in the dressing room? And then massive changes in the boardroom too? None of it seems to have been handled well but shouldn't we have expected this a bit? And how differently would it have gone if Moyes had still been in charge when Mosh took over and he'd had all that money to spend?

Moyes was the 3rd longest serving prem manager before leaving us. Is it not reasonable to think that like Man utd and Arsenal, the wheels have come off a bit because of this lack of stability/ change of ethos etc in the dressing room? And then massive changes in the boardroom too? None of it seems to have been handled well but shouldn't we have expected this a bit? And how differently would it have gone if Moyes had still been in charge when Mosh took over and he'd had all that money to spend?
We've got Carlo now...I bet you thought we were going down didn't you?

No.

The wheels came off because we've spent £350m on absolute tosh.

Bolasie £27m
Sigurdsson £45m
Schneiderlin £22m
Keane £25m
Kean £27m
Tosun £27m

to name a few.

Then, the chairman got it wrong. Koeman, on a big contract was sacked, Allardyce got a pay off, Silva gt a pay off. We're under a learning curve from the bottom up.

David Moyes and his "success" can remain in east London.

By the way, I'm not for one second saying I wanted Moyes back! He did a good job for the club at the time, with the financial situation we were in. Just an idle thought and wondered what others thought. I certainly don't think he would've wasted the money on some of those players though!

Dear lord. Moyes overstayed his welcome by about 3 years.

He took us far as he could. Best of the rest and never EVER going to win anything. He simply is not brave enough to be a winner. He's completely forgotten what made him successful too.

This. The FA Cup Final in 2009 was Moyes' zenith when he was with us. The Moyes' years 2010 - 2013 was basically a wasted opportunity to financially build on a good core of players, Howard, Jags, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, the Yak, among others.

By the way, I'm not for one second saying I wanted Moyes back! He did a good job for the club at the time, with the financial situation we were in. Just an idle thought and wondered what others thought. I certainly don't think he would've wasted the money on some of those players though!

There's a fair bit of wasted coin in here: https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-moyes/spielertransfers/trainer/450
Twenty million pounds for Didier Ndong, FFS.
Fair play though, Fellaini and Mata were good signings for Man U.

This. The FA Cup Final in 2009 was Moyes' zenith when he was with us. The Moyes' years 2010 - 2013 was basically a wasted opportunity to financially build on a good core of players, Howard, Jags, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Cahill, the Yak, among others.

He could have found a way back. But i think even the most ardent of Moyes' fans agree his time should have been done, and he should have resigned on the spot for losing that Semi to Liverpool.

he should have resigned on the spot for losing that Semi to Liverpool.

Moyes believed in himself, no matter how much his detractors hate him. Based on this claim every manager since Catterick should have resigned after a derby defeat although if you recall the other lot got away with their bag load of cheating manoeuvres in that game. That side HE had built was a good team so why should he have resigned after that game. He believed, probably mistakenly, that he was close to achieving his personal goal. Clubs like United don't come knocking for underperforming managers as Moyes has been depicted by many on this site.
I wasn't disappointed when he left and wished him well as did many fans at his last home game. Some snides will say he was found out at United, while they didn't allow him to splash the cash his lack of subtly was exposed. But why do people see the need to continually snipe at the lad is beyond me, it's snide like. David Moyes is of no consequence to EFC let the fellow go after all he did bring stability back to a rapidly sinking ship and I thank him for that.

Moyes believed in himself, no matter how much his detractors hate him. Based on this claim every manager since Catterick should have resigned after a derby defeat although if you recall the other lot got away with their bag load of cheating manoeuvres in that game. That side HE had built was a good team so why should he have resigned after that game. He believed, probably mistakenly, that he was close to achieving his personal goal. Clubs like United don't come knocking for underperforming managers as Moyes has been depicted by many on this site.
I wasn't disappointed when he left and wished him well as did many fans at his last home game. Some snides will say he was found out at United, while they didn't allow him to splash the cash his lack of subtly was exposed. But why do people see the need to continually snipe at the lad is beyond me, it's snide like. David Moyes is of no consequence to EFC let the fellow go after all he did bring stability back to a rapidly sinking ship and I thank him for that.

He did his job well. Overstayed. Failed big time after he left. He forgot what made his legend...he used to find ace players from nowhere and rule them with an iron fist to motivate them to run through a brick wall to be better than their actual talent.

Sorry can't see this "let the fellow go " he was a conniving rat before he left ,the team played better after he left so I don't see the support for him .Osman said he used to send them out and tell the team "just try not to lose " that in a nutshell is the revered Moyes ,a deceitful defeatist who struck lucky when he came to Everton and has been found out since .
I cannot stand the man or what he stands for .I also cannot believe he was interviewed for the job before Carlo .
It would have tested my support to the full if he was taken on ,I have supported Bill in the main all along but if he was behind that folly then he should hang his coat up and leave .

Sorry can't see this "let the fellow go " he was a conniving rat before he left ,the team played better after he left so I don't see the support for him .Osman said he used to send them out and tell the team "just try not to lose " that in a nutshell is the revered Moyes ,a deceitful defeatist who struck lucky when he came to Everton and has been found out since .
I cannot stand the man or what he stands for .I also cannot believe he was interviewed for the job before Carlo .
It would have tested my support to the full if he was taken on ,I have supported Bill in the main all along but if he was behind that folly then he should hang his coat up and leave .
I'd just point out that defeatists don't try not to lose........just a thought like

Man Utd had a hangover after a period of unparalleled success, now they are just average. We were average and still are average. Don't look too deep into this.

I'd just point out that defeatists don't try not to lose........just a thought like
Just to be pedantic you used a double negative and should have said that "Defeatists play to lose " but that was not what I said or meant ,I tried to explain his mindset according to Osman in that he was happy not to lose .Compare that to Carlo when we won last week he wasn't happy with the team ,different mindset ,one a winner and the other not .

Status
Not open for further replies.