January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why write off a season when we are 5 points off 5th with just under half a season left
This we are getting lucky with what the teams around us are doing. Subscribe to no silly Jan moves for the sack of it but a run at 5/6 place is on the cards which may require some ins to achieve.

....with another point added to our total yesterday, there’s not a great deal of transfer gossip to report for this Sunday 19th January;

- Lots of outlets pick up on a report from Gazetta Dello Sport that Everton are keen on Juventus midfielder, Emre Can. The 26 year old has a £42m release clause and earns £4.26m per year. The Mail reckon Everton are prepared to match that salary and bid £30m for the German international, whilst Sports Mediaset suggest he will move to AC Milan this month after making just 8 appearances for Juventus.

- According to Leeds Live, Leeds United have turned down an offer to take striker Oumar Niasse from Everton. Football Insider claim Nottingham Forest had agreed a loan deal with the Toffees for the 29 year old but the Senegalese international rejected the move.

- 19 year old Everton defender, Lewis Gibson, faces an uncertain future at Everton. The youngster is out of contract in the summer and Liverpool Echo reporter, Phil Kilbride says he wants assurances about 1st team playing time but the Toffees prefer to bring in a new centre-back than promote Gibson.

- The saga linking Everton with Inter Milan outcast, Matias Vecino continues. The Mail reports Everton are lining up a raid for the 28 year old midfielder whilst Corriero Dello Sport suggest the Uruguayan prefers a move to Spurs.

I haven’t got a clue mate.
I wouldn't write off the season just yet and would spend on a striker. A striker can hit the ground running and could allow Richie to move out wide, then can play Bernard on the other wing.

Centre back is all about partnerships and bringing in someone mid season isn't the answer for me so would stick with Holgate/Mina and spend big in the summer.
Tend to agree. One or two loans and try to get rid of certain players. We can still fight for places 6-7

We would trot out the slowest midfield in all of England, including championship and lower

He would still offer more than anyone we have it the minute. I would probably move Holgate into midfield too.

As mentioned - not a long term solution or one for the future. I just think he is a very intelligent footballer that could add something this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.