2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you cant have it both ways.

You cant defend Brands for failing to bring in a proven goalscorer claiming DCL & Kean are enough then moan when fans then put expectations on Keans shoulders.

I said all since the Summer we needed to have brought in 2 strikers - Kean + a proven goalscorer in their prime to allow Kean/DCL the time to progress with little pressure.

I was laughed at and told Kean is a quality player and we have enough up top to compete.

Lets see how that pans out without Richarlison saving our arses every week.

I never said we didn’t need another striker I’m just pointing out your comparison was naff.

Thats Mason Greenwood, a lad from Bradford who has played English football his whole life.

Seems a pretty fair comparison.

NOT.

Cutrone joined Fiorentina on an 18-month loan deal on 10 January 2020

LOL

Wolves have done the right thing there - they have loaned a player not yet ready out to play regularly. They can do that as they have Jimenez and Jota whereas we have DCL and Niasse.

Greenwood is 18 and is doing a decent job at Utd.

Yes based on him being 19 means he should be given time but no excuse for looking like a fan who's won a raffle to come on the pitch.

Needs to start pulling his weight he's had 5 months in England/the club has to start showing some progress / goal threat.

Unfair on the lad there, mate. He's shown positives in many of the post Silva games.

Unfair on the lad there, mate. He's shown positives in many of the post Silva games.

He's definitely improved slightly but for me he needs to start doing a bit more in front of goal. Its not ideal the pressure on him but thats down to the club/Brands failings to adequately bolster the side.

The likes of Tosun should have been booted out the door in the summer with an experienced CF in - if FFP/our budget prohibited signing 2x strikers for me we should have gone with the seasoned option considering we already have 1x young inconsistent CF in DCL learning his game.

If he was three years off premier league quality then we shouldn't have been spending anywhere near what we spent on him. The fee we paid is not the lads fault but £27m plus wages to get one year's return on a 4 year contract is poor value. I hope his potential is fulfilled before then, and of course it may never be fulfilled, otherwise that is yet more money wasted if your timeline is even close to accurate.
If the kid comes good at 21 or 22, Everton will get double what they paid for him.
Not with 12 months left on his contract we won't. Maybe if he signs a new deal part way through. In any case, over 4 years he will earn another £10 m in wages and if he does sign a new contract, there will be a signing bonus and a bump in wages. So even if we sell him for £50m in 3 years time we will have spent £27m in fees (not including Raiola's fee), a minimum of £10m in wages (but more likely closer to £15m-20m if a new deal is signed) which would leave us with a maximum profit of £13m. There has to be a sporting return on a £27m investment. If he was less than £10m or the bulk of the fee was performance based then that is a different argument. With our financial situation we can't be taking £27m punts and, fairly or unfairly, the expectations of the fans for £27m signings will be high. Richarlison was a similar age when he signed and wasn't given a three-year grace period. I accept that their situations are a bit different, as Richarlison already had premier league experience, but Kean had international caps for Italy, played 20 games for Juventus and two thirds of a serie A season with Verona, so he wasn't completely green.
He’s 19??
Not 4months and almost no game time, thats for sure.
I'm not expecting the world from the kid, but many people are acting like he's a product of our youth system or he was a cheap punt from overseas. He cost £22m up front and is getting paid 50K a week, at those prices we need a sporting return on our investment. I'm not saying it needs to be now but if he is not making a substantial contribution next season then this will have been a failed experiment.

Big chance for him tomorrow,really want this lad to do well but we are not seeing enough so far.hes been here 5 months now he looks happy enough of the pitch so the whole different country etc stuff is old news now.yea he’s only 19 but that’s not too young to put the ball in the back of the net is it.

Big chance for him tomorrow,really want this lad to do well but we are not seeing enough so far.hes been here 5 months now he looks happy enough of the pitch so the whole different country etc stuff is old news now.yea he’s only 19 but that’s not too young to put the ball in the back of the net is it.
I agree on the other hand I haven't seen him miss many sitters. He hasn't had many clear opportunities when he has played for whatever reason I think it's down to adapting from the Italian league to the Premier league its a totaly different type of football. It was quite a gamble the more you think about this signing but I suppose we may not have been able to find a slightly more experienced option we were happy with/could afford. Who knows.

We have DCL and Richalison.

Who have scored more goals than Callum Wilson and Danny Ings.

2 players you wanted us to spend 140m on in the summer.

New to this site but everyone thinks they know best, not happy with his input so far but he's been in this country 3 months odd. hard to get to know your teamates if you cant speak the same language..

But you cant have it both ways.

You cant defend Brands for failing to bring in a proven goalscorer claiming DCL & Kean are enough then moan when fans then put expectations on Keans shoulders.

I said all since the Summer we needed to have brought in 2 strikers - Kean + a proven goalscorer in their prime to allow Kean/DCL the time to progress with little pressure.

I was laughed at and told Kean is a quality player and we have enough up top to compete.

Lets see how that pans out without Richarlison saving our arses every week.
Good Afternoon,
This is Grinch, President of the Moise Kean Fan Club. As President, it is my duty to inform fellow members of bad mouthing of the 19 year old Italian international. Since joining this club, he has given us excitement each time he touches the pitch. Puts the ball on target, can burn past a defender, eager for a goal and did I mention he is 19, just learning english, moving away from his mom. I will not have any more bad mouthing of Mr. Kean. Only support from this point on.
Thanks,
Ginch - President of the Moise Kean Dan Club

Good Afternoon,
This is Grinch, President of the Moise Kean Fan Club. As President, it is my duty to inform fellow members of bad mouthing of the 19 year old Italian international. Since joining this club, he has given us excitement each time he touches the pitch. Puts the ball on target, can burn past a defender, eager for a goal and did I mention he is 19, just learning english, moving away from his mom. I will not have any more bad mouthing of Mr. Kean. Only support from this point on.
Thanks,
Ginch - President of the Moise Kean Dan Club

Thanks for the christmas cheer grinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.