2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty writing the kid off already eh.

Just think of this , our current manager tried to sign him for Napoli before he came here.

If you are doubting him then shame on you.
When Thiery Henri first played for Arsenal he wasnt very good, took him a short time to settle, ok I'm not saying Kean will ever be as good as him, but some players just take time.

When Thiery Henri first played for Arsenal he wasnt very good, took him a short time to settle, ok I'm not saying Kean will ever be as good as him, but some players just take time.

Kean definitely needs time. But with Henry...

Didn't score for his first couple of games but still finished his first season with 26 goals. They are not the same, Kean is currently looking more likely to not get one goal.

I'm sure he will though and we go mental, then he will be full of confidence and bang them in.

I remember Peter Eastoe taking a long time to settle and find his feet.
Then banged one in and never looked back, and he was a seasoned pro aged 27.
This lad is only 19; give him some time, especially now that he speaks the same language as our manager
Eastoe - hugely underrated and would be well suited to the modern game.

Once again.

Everyone agreed that it would take time, why are people complaining and writing him off because it’s taking time?
I'm not writing him off, and i've seen very very few people doing so. There's a bit of a difference between it taking time and what we're seeing though isn't there? It would be complete revisionism to pretend the forum was full of people saying 'I can't see Kean scoring until mid January at the earliest' when we signed him. We knew it would take time for him to really blossom, but hardly anybody on here was saying in the summer that he was unlikely to be starting games 2/3 of the way through the season.

Again, i'm not having a go at Kean here (although he hasn't really helped himself to be fair) but this idea that we shouldn't expect a £27m striker to have had any impact at all in 6 months is ridiculous. It's not his fault we signed him and not a more experienced striker to help him, but it wasn't Cuco Martina's fault that he couldn't play football either, and he got considerably less leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.