New Everton Stadium Discussion

You make valid points but we have 33000 season ticket holders. So we only get 5000 walks up on day because other 2000 is for away fans if they take full allocation. Your right that people share season tickets but I know blues who aren’t on the waiting list, but have expressed they might look to go on the list especially with the new ground. Like you I don’t read to much into waiting list numbers. For instance we cap are season tickets around 33000, them lot across the park cap season tickets around 42-44000 the rest is walks ups. But let say only 6000 on the waiting list take a season ticket only then looking for around 5000 more walk up fans. Now being where new ground will be we are getting to get that through tourists alone. And that’s me being conservative with only half number of people on the waiting list take the option for a season ticket. We will sell out every home game I’m confident.

Mmmmmmm, not sure where you get that figure from? Just checked and eighteen months ago they had 26,000 season ticket holders, can't imagine for one minute they have added 16,000+ since then! You only have to see the amount of i pads taking pictures during a game there and the ridiculous amount of half/half scarves that they attract a substantial amount of tourists at their games probably from their links with Thomas Cook(?).

As for walk ups at Goodison, they are virtually non existent these days, it's largely sold out well in advance!

It might be mate to be honest I thought it was myself, only a rs mate who season ticket holder said he think it’s that. I know that probably means it’s crap but even so shows how much of a walk up you can get.

That's because they like to perpetuate the myth that they can't get tickets at that place cos' of all the season ticket holders! Absolute rubbish, its pretty commonly known that a good number of their season ticket holders sell them on on a game by game basis at a profit and hardly go themselves, and secondly the money people at that place know they make more money from selling tourist packages etc than by selling season tickets!

That's because they like to perpetuate the myth that they can't get tickets at that place cos' of all the season ticket holders! Absolute rubbish, its pretty commonly known that a good number of their season ticket holders sell them on on a game by game basis at a profit and hardly go themselves, and secondly the money people at that place know they make more money from selling tourist packages etc than by selling season tickets!

My cousin has a season ticket in the Kop. He waited nearly 9 years, but that was only because he refused 3 available tickets. He specifically wanted a ticket in the Kop. Many of the tickets there are owned by people who haven't been in years, they tend to keep them in the family/friendship circles.

A friend of mine had a season ticket somewhere else in Anfield and had followed them home and away and was on the autocup scheme,as they all are by default. They got Real Madrid in the cup at Anfield and the club sent him a letter saying that his seat had been sold, he was going into a ballot for a seat and if was unsuccessful he could have the cost of his ticket back, but only as a division of the season ticket price across number of games he could use it for. They'd sold a block of seat, of which his was one, to Thomas Cook. He's never been back since. They can make so much more on walk up/corporate that you having a season ticket is almost treated as a problem.

Line at the end is interesting... “who needs Usmanov when they have us”

Plenty of US interest in the stadium as I would have expected

Mmmmmmm, not sure where you get that figure from? Just checked and eighteen months ago they had 26,000 season ticket holders, can't imagine for one minute they have added 16,000+ since then! You only have to see the amount of i pads taking pictures during a game there and the ridiculous amount of half/half scarves that they attract a substantial amount of tourists at their games probably from their links with Thomas Cook(?).

As for walk ups at Goodison, they are virtually non existent these days, it's largely sold out well in advance!
Said before might not be right was only told by a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder. Either way yes the have large tourist base and we will be the same not to that amount of course. And it’s sold out because we have large fan base with not a big enough stadium.

Yeah completely agree I was only using them as example of the large amount of general admission you can get. We will be fine with a 52000 no problem.

Wonder what the chances are of seeing any work done on this in 2020, construction work, or even just draining the dock
I don't think anyone can really say. This is uncharted waters for us and a huge project for the city.
I think I read that PP decisions should be around June(?). Assuming the club works on and arranges the financing before then, it'll be all down to the contractors from then on.