January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous. He was thrown in at the deep end vs Palace but looked solid vs Watford.

He'll take a few weeks to get up to speed, granted, but very poor to write him off so soon.

JP Gmblammo is gonna BOSS it.

Getting him and Andre back on the pitch will be like winning a trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Another disaster if this happens. Players like Kenny, and Walsh before him, would give everything they have for the club. Fierce competitors who would find that extra 10% when they think there's nothing left to give because they've grown up living and breathing the club since they were kids, it's their club. And just for a moment compare that sort of mentality to the likes of Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson. Half hearted strollers who couldn't give a toss for the club or us the fans and are bleeding it for every penny they can get out of it. Worth bearing in mind a story I was told about Klopp that he showed the RS players a film about a world record holder in freediving (that is diving to extreme depths without an aqualung) to convince them that even when they think they are finished there is always more they can give, there's always an extra 10%.
Or they aren't good enough.

Relegation isn't an issue now, so aren't there any likely lads in the youths we could try out? I'm not that bothered about Europe right now because I
don't think we'd be a real threat next season, and we could find a little gem. You never know.

......good morning Blues, wherever you are in the world. Here’s the Toffee transfer gossip for Wednesday 15th January;

- Speaking at his clubs AGM, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands said a squad of 23 players is ideal with 3 goalkeepers, 7 or 8 defenders, 6 midfielders and 6 attackers. He hinted that a right winger will be targeted this month to fill a void identified by Carlo Ancelotti.

- Calciomercato.com and many other outlets continue to link Everton with central midfielder, Gonzalo Villar who plays for Spanish 2nd tier club Elche. It is reported Roma has offered £2.5m for the 21 year old but it’s not certain how much he might cost, although he is said to have a £20m release clause.

- TheMailonline report Schalke want to turn Everton right back Jonjoe Kenny’s loan move into a permanent deal.

- Sky Sports reporter, Vinnie O’Connor, continues to claim Everton are keen on Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake, but the Toffees are behind the likes of Spurs in pursuit of the 24 year old Dutch international.

- The Liverpool Echo repeats a number of rumours linking the Toffees with Yannick Carrasco of Chinese club Dalian Yifang, Inter Milan’s Matias Vecino and forward Hwang Hee-Chan of Red Bull Salzburg. The Athletic’s, Patrick Boyland, again claims Bayern Munich interest in Everton’s 18 year old forward, Anthony Gordon.

- The Chronicle say Newcastle manager, Steve Bruce, snubbed a move for Everton striker Cenk Tosun because he wouldn’t improve the squad’.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Aston Villa want Steven Nzonzi on loan. Everton has been linked with the midfielder who is currently on loan at Galatasaray from Roma.

- Everton have released Academy graduate Harry Charsley. The 23 year old has come to the end of an additional 6 month contract given to him by the club to help his rehabilitation after serious injury.

Relegation isn't an issue now, so aren't there any likely lads in the youths we could try out? I'm not that bothered about Europe right now because I
don't think we'd be a real threat next season, and we could find a little gem. You never know.

...I think Brands hinted last night that they will increasingly look at promoting youngsters from U23s.

If it was that easy we would’ve done it by now. Feyenoord wouldn’t even let him finish a loan spell.

Feyenoord are good at football ( albeit not this season) They have no need of him.

I'm working on the assumption that somebody must have an injury crisis and that the likes of Sparta Rotterdam, AD Den Haag or Venlo are turbo garbage and would like a cheap signing who speaks the language and knows the league.

I'm clutching at straws based on having watched some god awful teams this year, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.