Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
USM lashing money at our training ground ffs.

Megafon (as mentioned elsewhere) a service not even available in the U.K. all over the media services.

Having a coincidental ‘social’ dinner with our new manager just before he signs.

The hints in the FT interview.

Chucking £30mil, not for stadium naming rights, but just to get to the front of the queue.

Imagine not thinking he’s heavily involved in the future of EFC!

Non
I suspect it's very hard to enforce. We can legitimately argue.
1) We are a far bigger, more successful club than other of the above. Have won more leagues than both combined.

2) In WEST hams case they have moved to an athletics tracks synonymous with the Olympics, they dont own the stadium and any corporate partner would fear it is associated with the Olympics. Spurs are building a stadium that is at the same site as before, so it's not new in the same way.

3) Our location is state of the art, theirs is not.

4) They are not the first clubs in their city. Indeed they are not in the top two most successful in their city.

I could go on. However it would be hard to argue any of the above. It is only logical we could attract higher sponsorship than them.

I wonder on the whole real estate front could there be a significant argument there as well mate.

It could be argued that maybe USM have already invested in the area, partners in the Liver Building maybe?

While the plans for the development of the North Docks as a whole could be argued is something that uniquely appeals to a business to be associated with and want to get in on the ground level. The development, regeneration and profile of the whole area could be bigger then just the stadium profile thus early and exclusive investment can be argued on that basis.

I mean it’s a billion pound project the whole area.

Last edited:
If we want to really speculate here a scenario
Usmanov asks two of his Russian friends to pay 30 m got the right to bid on stadium naming rights
They do so with their OWN money cough cough
Russian A bids 30 m a year
Russian B bids 35 m
Usmanov bids 40 m as it’s market value
With a 5% increase per year for inflation
Sponsorship starts as soon as planning permission is granted

Non

I wonder on the whole real estate front could there be a significant argument there as well.

It could be argued that maybe USM have already invested in the area, partners in the Liver Building maybe? And or the plans for the development of the North Docks as a whole is something that uniquel appeals to them to be associated with and want to get in on the ground level. The development, regeneration and profile of the whole area could be bigger then just the stadium profile thus early and exclusive investment can be argued on that basis.
Usmanov stepson is a major property developer in Moscow

If we want to really speculate here a scenario
Usmanov asks two of his Russian friends to pay 30 m got the right to bid on stadium naming rights
They do so with their OWN money cough cough
Russian A bids 30 m a year
Russian B bids 35 m
Usmanov bids 40 m as it’s market value
With a 5% increase per year for inflation
Sponsorship starts as soon as planning permission is granted
Could they do this with Megafon and USM? No idea how they are structured but they both independantly sponsor parts of the club so could they both go for sponsoring the stadium? Next year we might have a 20mill deal from megafon to be second in line for stadium naming rights. Hahahaha. So dodgy but I love it.

Could they do this with Megafon and USM? No idea how they are structured but they both independantly sponsor parts of the club so could they both go for sponsoring the stadium? Next year we might have a 20mill deal from megafon to be second in line for stadium naming rights. Hahahaha. So dodgy but I love it.
I’ve no idea
But one thing I do know and that’s these lads have ways of making money that we have not even dreamed of
Who seen the 30m option coming
Not the Esk , not any of the financial lads on here

They'd be recognised as being related parties so would have to keep the combined sponsorship under 30% of revenue, but, so long as their books, and ours, show the money as legitimately coming from the companies, and not from individuals, then that just under 30% should be fine.

If Usmanov decides to pay himself a little less in dividends from Megafon / USM / mail.ru, and that drop in the divis covers the difference, then that would merely be a coincidence.

not any of the financial lads on here

Heh, I wasn't massively out of the ball park ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.