2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah has been consistent for 2 and a half years though hasn't he, IE regular goals in that time

DCL hasn't, his goal return MINUS December has been far below average, his one good scoring month takes his "average" up

as I said, it's all about consistency, if he can keep his form up then it's sound, otherwise we have a striker who doesn't score goals for the majority of the season but bangs in a load in 1 month

Yes he has but Salah isn't a 22 year old!

I take your point about the December form taking the average up, but you could also argue its only since December that hes been playing in a side thats been winning games.

If the stats are right on transfermarkt.com DCL has played 1313 minutes in the prem and has scored 8 goals, 1 goal every 164 minutes, better than 1 in 2, thats not bad at all

Amazing how Rashford rarely gets a mention when striker comparisons are made, or lists of the top English strikers are drawn up. Rashford is light years ahead of DCL and he also cost zilch.
He is better than DCL, but we only paid £1.5million. He's starting to look like a bit of a good investment. They are different players Rashford don't lead the line, he's more like Richarlison than DCL.

I take your point about the December form taking the average up, but you could also argue its only since December that hes been playing in a side thats been winning games.

I get your point, however if your striker doesn't score goals you are unlikely to win many games are you? so works 2 ways that

weird one DCL, always going to be a difference of opinions on here, think it would be easier to judge at the end of the season wont it

To replace him in this team your going to need to spend upward of 40 million, that ain't happening until the summer
Anyway he contributes much more than other players do and his scoring rate is adequate

I get your point, however if your striker doesn't score goals you are unlikely to win many games are you? so works 2 ways that

weird one DCL, always going to be a difference of opinions on here, think it would be easier to judge at the end of the season wont it

Yeah its still a hypothetical argument really because if he went the rest of the season without scoring then 8 would of course be a measly total.

However if he keeps up his December form he will hit 20 and that would be superb.

I don't think he's the be all and end all for what its worth like, just think it was very harsh (and untrue) that he was being labelled as 'a striker who doesn't score'

DCL is at a major disadvantage when he is through 1v1 on the keeper. Charging down on goal. It’s probably the toughest scenario you can put him in.

DCL is at a major disadvantage when he is through 1v1 on the keeper. Charging down on goal. It’s probably the toughest scenario you can put him in.

Probably the case is the more he scores the more confident he becomes in 1v1 on the keeper. He's young, he's improving all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.