January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarcelsGoat didnt Ancelotti sign a few top players at Parma when they were kids?

In the last 10 years he's signed or promoted

Chelsea:
09/10 sturridge (19), matic (21)
10/11 luiz (23), Ramirez (23)

Psg:
2012/2013 moura (20), verratti (19) and promoted rabiot (17) to the first team.

Real madrid:
2013/14 isco (21), carvajal (21), casemiro (21), and promoted from real Madrid 2 morata (20), nacho (23), Jess (20), cheryshev (22).

2014/15 James (23), Lucas Silva (21)

Bayern:
2016/17 renato sanches (19)

2017/18 tolisso (22), kingly koman (21), sule (21), gnabry (21)

Napoli:
2018/19 fabian Ruiz (22), carlos vinicius (23)

2019 Alex meret (22), elmas (19)

There some of the players I could find that he's signed. Although I wouldn't say their all kids I would say that they are still young.

I was also really supriesd at the amount of youth he promotes to the first team year on year I seen by looking into this.

Im having the Liverpool players, Klopp finished 8th in his first season.

You can take the City players.

Anyway, be very interested in our transfer MO going forwards, im sure Ancelotti changes things slightly in terms of what type we go for, be very shocked if we buy a shed load of teenagers personally.

Vvd was bought when they we're in the champions leauge though.

I would guess that the remit of the manager has changes since the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti.
I think the idea under Marco Silva was to recruit younger talent and slowly build a team. It was a very good idea but they appointed the wrong manager to implement the right idea.

Carlo Ancelotti is not a manager to hang around for the four years of his contract buying 19 year olds and slowly building his team.
He will want to put a team together as quickly as possible. He will sign experienced players that he can trust to form the spine of his team and mix these with the players he already has at the club .
I think he would hope to have a team together that is top six chasing top four as early as next season. After all that he has done in his career I cannot believe that he has come here to work slowly. I think it may have been the promises of a big budget and the ability to make changes quickly that will have drawn him to a job that nobody believed he would take.

I would guess that the remit of the manager has changes since the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti.
I think the idea under Marco Silva was to recruit younger talent and slowly build a team. It was a very good idea but they appointed the wrong manager to implement the right idea.

Carlo Ancelotti is not a manager to hang around for the four years of his contract buying 19 year olds and slowly building his team.
He will want to put a team together as quickly as possible. He will sign experienced players that he can trust to form the spine of his team and mix these with the players he already has at the club .
I think he would hope to have a team together that is top six chasing top four as early as next season. After all that he has done in his career I cannot believe that he has come here to work slowly. I think it may have been the promises of a big budget and the ability to make changes quickly that will have drawn him to a job that nobody believed he would take.
Have to agree
I don’t think he envisages a midfield 3 of Siggy Snides and Davies running out to the CL theme tune

Think we’ve signed a lot of youth last summer bar delph, all of a good age, signing may be more of the 26/30 bracket in the summer though.

wouldn’t surprise me if he brings in Mertens in the summer, free transfer, experienced and a wonderful footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.