Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard and Davies were quality but Sigurdsson and Walcott were poor as soon as Delph came on we let them back into it

Bernard was poor in the second half tbf. He looked knackered. Had to bring Delph on as he's the only player we had really.

Kean would've been a poor change in that situation. Gordon not on the bench and no other wide options.

3 points very important, still 11th, only 3 points off 7th place on to 28 points, only 12 more points to safety and 16 games remaining. We should have had a pen early on and for me DCL's goal should have stood, if the ball strikes you that high up its shoulder not arm.
Thank god neither affected the result or I would have been devestated. I thought from about 70 minutes we were very defensive, but they offered little couple of long range efforts, a shot from Murray at close range and a header from a corner.
It was nice to see a bit of passion from the players, in the opening 20 minutes

Quality goal by Richarlison, loved that quick turn and finish.

That aside, we definitely need at least one significant addition to this squad this month, either midfield or defence, it’s criminal the money we have wasted the last couple of years and seeing that squad every week.

Having 2 real midfielders will do wonders for this team. Due to injuries that is by far and away our biggest weakness IMHO

Yep, just a complete waste at the minute. It has the knock on effect of putting our already poor defence under even more pressure as we don't hold onto the ball for any great length of time.

Can't wait for midfielders that hold onto the ball and have the ability to pass it forward, bored of side ways side ways back to Mina, hurried clearance into touch.

Yes we won and some players redeemed themselves after last week but still not the performance us supporters deserved.A lot of very poor decisions when passing and in the final third. We desperately need a playmaker in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.