Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks. Yes plenty going on that could induce anxiety but I've had all of it for years and coped most of that time. Still got a lot on my plate now but the blackness is here too and is not lifting despite all my efforts to do the right things.
Been using anything psychoactive? Alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, any kind of illicit or prescription drugs, etc

Have you social media FaceBook,twitter, instagram etc I am a firm believer that these are a disaster for mental health, I deleted all my social media about 3 years ago and life's been great, I used to suffer from anxiety and was on anti depressants, but since social media is gone I haven't needed meds and haven't gotten anxiety back. The only thing I regret is that I never backed up my photographs so they all gone, but other than that I'm on top form. In my opinion social media is one of the first things that should go if you are experiencing poor mental health.
I agree about social media.

Binned all these off over the past year or two. The only place I still reside is on here. It definitely helps relieve the pressure, and you can see first hand how self absorbed everybody is with Facebook, instagram etc.

Still struggling though.

We had a lecture at work yesterday from one of the world's (apparent) leading sleep experts and it was really quite informative and interesting for people like me that have always had issues regarding sleep and the effects it has on my mind & body.
I have never been a good sleeper. Frequent nightmares and interrupted sleeps became the norm and now it is all I know.

I tend to avoid sleeping like the plague where possible.

Any advice would help x

I have never been a good sleeper. Frequent nightmares and interrupted sleeps became the norm and now it is all I know.

Any advice would help x
Stop drinking caffeine.
Dont eat too late.
Take a book to bed not phone/tablet.
Herbal tea?
Even try falling asleep in your comfy chair,making sure your warm enough.

Any advice would help x

I’m a massive fan of a quality sleep mask too.

Tricks the brain into thinking it’s still night time.

Any advice would help x

- No caffeine after dinner time
- Don’t eat late
- Completely cut out light in the bedroom
- Do something you enjoy for an hour before you go to bed no matter what it is
- Make sure your room is nice and chilly
- If you get into bed and don’t fall asleep fairly soon (15-30 mins) get out of bed and go do something else till you feel sleepy then go back to bed. Rinse repeat.

Stop drinking caffeine.
Dont eat too late.
Take a book to bed not phone/tablet.
Herbal tea?
Even try falling asleep in your comfy chair,making sure your warm enough.
Eating late isn't a problem (I don't do that).
But caffeine is probably something I should cut down or cut out completely. Have you had any success with that?

- No caffeine after dinner time
- Don’t eat late
- Completely cut out light in the bedroom
- Do something you enjoy for an hour before you go to bed no matter what it is
- Make sure your room is nice and chilly
- If you get into bed and don’t fall asleep fairly soon (15-30 mins) get out of bed and go do something else till you feel sleepy then go back to bed. Rinse repeat.
Thanks. I'll have to try the last one along with cutting caffeine down. Otherwise my room/sleep pattern ticks the rest of the boxes.

Why chilly though and not warm haha?

I've posted this before but when in bed try and tense each part of your body starting from the feet up and hold for five seconds then relax. Concentrate your mind solely on each part of your body in turn (and nothing else) whilst doing it. It's surprising how hard it feels but it has the effect of relieving any pent up stress from the body and clearing the mind of that days clutter. It should also include your face/jaw and believe me it does work because you feel yourself sinking into the mattress and, hopefully, a deep rewarding sleep