2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm wrong but what if they finish above us?
17 mill option to make it permanent next summer.
Never going to pay it.
Like that will happen
Signed Benteke for 32 mill. If Cenk does moderatley well there 17 mill on a forward they are happy with it is well in their market.

Surprised they haven't been sniffing around Batshuyi again.
For that To happen he will need to score substantially more than 2 league goals which would be about his Current average strike rate

will be back at FF in August. We are still paying the likes of Garbutt and Besic ffs.
I'd of been happier if we'd of sold him. Just take the loss on the chin and get rid. We'll be stuck with him again come the summer.

If he can slot in half a dozen goals and they buy him for €20mil then happy days...

If they dont buy him then someone else will see he can slot and put bids in.

If hes a disaster then were still better off as his wages were off the books and we couldnt shift him out anyway

Interesting line of thought as they have loaned him to a team higher in the league than us .I think he will love Zaha if he stays there and this could bite us in the deriérre .I personally wish him the best as he wasn't may be for us but he can score in the right team.

Nobody has wanted to buy this conman for the last couple of years and his stock is basically water and salt at this stage.

Get him out on loan with wages off the books and hopefully he knocks a few in and we can actually manage a fee for him in the summer.

It's a shame that it's come to this but a loan deal is good news as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with Cenk was that for the Premiership he was too slow, heavy footed, poor in the air and not physically imposing - basically playing Cenk was like having ten men on the pitch. He was a poor signing and he even failed to live up to that billing (in terms of goals).

Glad to see the back of him but I wish him well in his future.

Can only see this as a good move for us. His wages are being paid by someone else. If he scores a few and they stump up a fee for him, happy days. If he fails then he comes back, he wasn't an attractive proposition anyway.
We now need to clear out a few more hangers on, we have players getting a wage who will never earn it and who won't attract any sort of a fee.

Totally agree when a loan is sometimes the only option. However when you hear reports that we wanted £20m for both Bolasie and Tosun it suggests we clearly priced many clubs out of buying them. We end up accepting a paltry bid to pay 60% of their wages on deadline day.
Added to the fact having absolute whoppers like Mirallas and Bolasie around does nothing for morale! And Cuco the clown could injure someone on training he is that clumsy!
I just read about Sandro. I've tried to blank him from my mind but Echo has pointed out to me hes on 100 grand a week (cant be true surely?).
Furthermore on our payroll until 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.