January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain as a pikestaff.

Couple of wronguns.

We've seen the damage today that this dressing room can inflict. To have the chutzpah to try it on with a managerial legend is breathtaking though. Even I didn't think they could be so hard faced.

Get shut of the 'senior players', whomever they may be.

The fallout is astonishing really. I mean the quotes from Sigurdsson, which essentially amounted too the problem on the day were finishing I thought bizarre. We obviously have to be careful with the Delph stuff, as we don't know how much of it is falsified, but you'd have to imagine if it were all false they'd have denied it is also worrying. That he's coming onto social media to argue with antagonised fans, insist he was trying and essentially call their bluff by inviting them to say it to his face is a really dangerous move. If he's said that, he is playing with fire big time, as there will be no shortage of Evertonians ready to say to his face that the performance Sunday wasn't good enough. Nobody is in the least bit concerned about his hardman persona (and lets be quite frank, if it mattered at all, Ferguson would batter him). It's antagonising a group of supporters who are at their wits end though, and it's playing with fire.

I sat and thought, could you have imagined Gareth Barry doing any of that? Could you imagine Gareth Barry mindlessly yelling the sort of expletives he was at Bournemouth having himself scored an own goal? Some people felt that was leadership. It's not leadership, it's petulance.

There aren't many positives to come from Sunday but one is that Ancelotti and Ferguson seem to have had serious words with them. I don't think there will be any doubt about the size of the task, and he has probably got the crunch moment much earlier than it would have otherwise arrived. This is critical now for the board. Players should just be training on their own now. Call up 3 or 4 of the under 23's if needed (i've seen our under 23's give a far better account of themselves at Anfield against the same players the first team did) and lets start again. It is important to me though, that this Anfield defeat is seen as a rock bottom nadir moment.

While I'm on the rant though, apparently Pickford was getting involved with Origi after he had that shot from distance (that he failed to catch) to sort of say "who do you think you are shooting from there"? kind of thing. I am dumbfounded he's doing that, and absolutely amazed somewhat hasn't chinned him in the dressing room. It doesn't say a lot about our senior pro's that. It's like he's playing a game of being the class clown, not trying to be a footballer.

You want to know my worry with these footballers? I think Walsh has signed people who looked good on numbers and data (Brands too) which is fine, but you can't measure personality by passing stats. I don't think there's been enough of the old fashioned, meeting the player before, getting your references and making sure they are the right sort. Yes it's quite conservative and old fashioned, but christ you'd avoid some of the whoppers we've signed.

I must say, Martinez was personally resposible for that. Sent him back in way too early on a couple of occasions.

giphy.gif

The fallout is astonishing really. I mean the quotes from Sigurdsson, which essentially amounted too the problem on the day were finishing I thought bizarre. We obviously have to be careful with the Delph stuff, as we don't know how much of it is falsified, but you'd have to imagine if it were all false they'd have denied it is also worrying. That he's coming onto social media to argue with antagonised fans, insist he was trying and essentially call their bluff by inviting them to say it to his face is a really dangerous move. If he's said that, he is playing with fire big time, as there will be no shortage of Evertonians ready to say to his face that the performance Sunday wasn't good enough. Nobody is in the least bit concerned about his hardman persona (and lets be quite frank, if it mattered at all, Ferguson would batter him). It's antagonising a group of supporters who are at their wits end though, and it's playing with fire.

I sat and thought, could you have imagined Gareth Barry doing any of that? Could you imagine Gareth Barry mindlessly yelling the sort of expletives he was at Bournemouth having himself scored an own goal? Some people felt that was leadership. It's not leadership, it's petulance.

There aren't many positives to come from Sunday but one is that Ancelotti and Ferguson seem to have had serious words with them. I don't think there will be any doubt about the size of the task, and he has probably got the crunch moment much earlier than it would have otherwise arrived. This is critical now for the board. Players should just be training on their own now. Call up 3 or 4 of the under 23's if needed (i've seen our under 23's give a far better account of themselves at Anfield against the same players the first team did) and lets start again. It is important to me though, that this Anfield defeat is seen as a rock bottom nadir moment.

While I'm on the rant though, apparently Pickford was getting involved with Origi after he had that shot from distance (that he failed to catch) to sort of say "who do you think you are shooting from there"? kind of thing. I am dumbfounded he's doing that, and absolutely amazed somewhat hasn't chinned him in the dressing room. It doesn't say a lot about our senior pro's that. It's like he's playing a game of being the class clown, not trying to be a footballer.

You want to know my worry with these footballers? I think Walsh has signed people who looked good on numbers and data (Brands too) which is fine, but you can't measure personality by passing stats. I don't think there's been enough of the old fashioned, meeting the player before, getting your references and making sure they are the right sort. Yes it's quite conservative and old fashioned, but christ you'd avoid some of the whoppers we've signed.
You hit a lot of bulls eyes there mate.

I couldn't agree more on the point that this feels like a reckoning now. There are so many unprofessional players at that club it's criminal. As you say, if we are to have it, let's have it now. Dont let this fester.

West Ham and Chelsea in for Gedson Fernandes

Perfect player for us and a 18 month loan which will be long enough for us to judge.

Surely we have to go for this.

Sell:

Schneiderlin
Sigurdsson
Delph
Pickford

And anyone else with an attitude problem thinking they're above their station.

Don't care about anything else. Play U23s in their place if needs be, may lack the quality but as the Liverpool reserves game showed us application is everything

Status
Not open for further replies.