Your Optimism

All considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan?

• Extremely optimistic

• Optimistic

• Somewhat pessimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup game was a disaster and we have a lot of clearing out to do. That's going to be difficult as we have poor players on big money.

Some decent results in the league.

Got a better manager in than we could have hoped for. He needs time and support.

I'm essentially optimistic because we have Carlo. Prepared to be patient to see what he does.

None, feel disconnected and unidentified to that team and embarrassed they represent the club, no character, so motivation beyond money, no baseline performance or fight at the very least - ive gotten behind worse and more limited Everton teams for at least fighting and being committed.

This season already a write off. The future in my opinion is Its going to be 2022, before we get out of the contract strangle hold and we begin to get out of the financial mess we're in.

Hello 40 pts a year or just above until then. Carlo is a good manager and will paper over the cracks, but dont see a pathway to progress on or off the pitch given our current circumstances until 2022.

I appreciate this doesn't add much to the debate, but I really don't know.

I feel like i'm sort of optimistic in that we've got a top class manager in, the stadium is looking closer, and there are rumours of money being spent and Usmanov coming in. But then I look at the absolute horror show that has been the last 4 years and think I have no faith in them to actually go anywhere.

To manage my own level of expectations and mitigate the level of despair I feel when we inevitably fail to reach even the incredibly low bar i’ve set.

optimistic and expectation can be align separately. You can certainly feel optimistic without setting such a high bar.

I am “extremely optimistic“.

But I always am :)

It is the only thing that keeps me coming back match after match, season after season, decade after decade.

Yes, I still feel humiliated and angry about Sunday but I firmly believe things are going to improve in the near future.

Keep the faith, guys.

COYBB

:celebrate:

This is exactly the kind of balance I’m looking for. I need this.

Is right, blues.

I'm optimistic in the sense that we have a good manager now and that Moshiri will open the purse strings. However, I'm somewhat pessimistic because some of these players are serial losers and once some are sold it will feel better. Need to replace a few and let Carlo work his magic.

I'm optimistic, but it may take 2-3 seasons and I just hope the fans allow them the time.

We need to get last weekends game out of our system as quickly as possible though.

I'm very optimistic that with the current set up we'll be able to rebuild within a couple of years. Anyone expecting it to happen sooner than that is deluded.

Even Klopp took a couple of years to make a big difference and that was including two world record fee players.

I just hope that our next couple of signings are a success - we badly need a couple of top drawer players.

I very rarely get optimistic over anything Everton related these days. 25+ plus years of false hopes have caused this.

I am delighted we have appointed Ancelotti and think he has everything required from a manager to kick us on but In typical Everton fashion I can’t help but feel something along the road is going to go wrong and another failed project falls upon us.

I hope I’m proved wrong. For once Everton can we please have something go right? I beg of you.

Optimistic that things will improve over time. There has to be some pain in the short term as the squad is cleared out but I have faith we’ll be fine.

Since Moshiri came in, my entire view on what the club could and will achieve changed 100%. I'm still fully behind Moshiri and believe he has the right motivations and core principles/values and vision for the club.

Pre-Moshiri, I wondered if one day I'd see Everton back in the CL and competing at the top again, whereas now I wonder when that'll happen. I do still think it's a 'when' rather than an 'if', though I'm sure that idea will be highly controversial on here. I think if we'd spent the reported half a billion over the last few years as wisely as possible on players, DOFs and managers, we'd already be there, but it's not that simple or easy.

I do think money always wins in the end in this game, though. And I believe we'll keep spending it and outspending most of the other clubs around and below us, because that's the least Moshiri promises. If we keep investing in the playing staff and management, we mightn't do it as shrewdly as your average club, but eventually we'll happen upon a great squad, whether it's through a one-off bunch of academy grads, a great manager, a fantastic DOF or all of the above and get into the CL and we'll get our chance to have a go at cementing our place as a top 4 club and win trophies.

In some ways, I'd say I'm actually very optimistic. I'm also very low on patience, however and am sick of waiting for the club to deliver some actual excitement, rather than continuous, tedious mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.