It's typical but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could stomach losing again to a full side but to miss up the best opportunity we've had in years is just too much

I dont understand that. I'm asking a question who out there were Martinez players. There weren't any. Sorry, can you explain your point for me.
Martinez is amazing, Brands, Moshiri, Baines, Arteta etc.. are the devil is the consistent narrative from you is my point.

We've had worse managers than Martinez but he was a failure by any sensible metric. He's in the grey for me, but any time he is mentioned you feel the need to jump in to remind everyone how amazing he was. It's weird.

No doubt there is a massive mentality hold they have over us at all times, but worse at Anfield. With their team tonight, there was no better chance than to just get the job done & release some of that pressure as all the books could/should have said was an Everton win.

All that embarrassing defeat does is set us back another 10 years whilst they continue living in our heads

Martinez is amazing, Brands, Moshiri, Baines, Arteta etc.. are the devil is the consistent narrative from you is my point.

We've had worse managers than Martinez but he was a failure by any sensible metric. He's in the grey for me, but any time he is mentioned you feel the need to jump in to remind everyone how amazing he was. It's weird.
Well, you just underlined why I'd defend him righ there. A man who did well then not so well. Any dismisal of him by the usual suspects as dire or a disaster is well wide of the mark and challengeable.

His fisrt 18 months here is looking like a golden era right now.

After that, everything you mention seems a million miles away. And potentially it is, this squad needs binning (bar maybe 4 or 5 players), the stadium is years away and usmanov may not ever happen.

I think the defeat to Liverpool under 23s deserves some concern

Believe me mate, I haven't been quiet in expressing due concern in the past. But when we attract the likes of Ancelotti, who will have been promised a fat wedge to spend on top of his huge salary, at a time when we are supposedly about to post a 90 million pound loss, then I'm not gona allow that lot to urinate on my chips.

More than that, they feed off our frustration like a gang of demons. I'm done with feeding them beauts. Our future looks brighter than at any point in the last 25 years, imo.

Gutted, worst in my memory, I remember 0_5 and Rush getting 4 of them, today was worse. I feel so sorry for the fanbase, the players should be ashamed , they don't deserve the fans they have, the lids who got a ticket have been humiliated by these players in front of their arch rivals. Are we rivals... really, I think not.
The way I feel tonight questions my loyalty towards this club, they just can't keep coming out and keep telling us they are sorry and it wasn't good enough.

No doubt there is a massive mentality hold they have over us at all times, but worse at Anfield. With their team tonight, there was no better chance than to just get the job done & release some of that pressure as all the books could/should have said was an Everton win.

All that embarrassing defeat does is set us back another 10 years whilst they continue living in our heads

Well, I think the appointment of Ancelotti put us forward 25 years, so if you take away the 1-0 third round cup exit that has supposedly set us back 10 years (even though it will soon be forgotten about) then we still have a net advance of 15 years!

KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH!

Uzzy is on his way.
A new stadium is on its way.
Carlo Ancelotti is our manager!

Today is embarrassing and oh so typical, but we have not been relegated, our club has not died. A brighter future than the last 25 years awaits us in the near future!

Whilst I certainly don’t feel what you are saying right now particularly the haven’t been relegated remark, respect to you if that’s how you feel.

We were the better side first half and then in the second half it just looked like they wanted it more.
Maybe, or maybe they just got the measure of us in the first half and came out in the second half knowing that they could beat a team that didn’t look like scoring in 90 days let alone 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.