New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah very true. I guess with the land being subject to heritage restrictions wind is out of the question too.

They have multiple mini wind turbines next to the Echo Arena, I'd imagine we wpuld have similar theres full sized turbines further up from BMD so don't think any of the heritage lobby could have anything to say.

Echo arena built those futuristic turbine things outside there, and they didn't work, got took down a few years ago,

Didn't know that, I must have walked past where they used to be and never even noticed they'd gone.

On a vaguely related topic, didn't they install a load of solar panels on top of the conference centre a few years ago ? I don't think they'll put panels on the stadium roof, but pretty much any other buildings with the right orientation are probably up for grabs to effectively limit the environmental impact.

How long do you think it will take LCC to validate the app and upload all the plans & documents on their portal? Obviously the time of year we submitted it hasn't helped speaking from experience of working many years in local gov around Christmas time!

For those of you who seem very interested in the renewable energy potential of the development, of you look at the planning application the roof is made of a material that will generate solar power. It’s not solar panels, but a similar technology.

The downside being, how often is it sunny on Merseyside?