2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager Marco Silva is under a lot of pressure, and there is a feeling that defeat at the hands of Leicester City at King Power Stadium on Sunday could get him sacked after he narrowly escaped being fired following last weekend’s 2-0 loss to Norwich City at Goodison Park.

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher reckonsthe Portuguese’ days look numbered regardless of what happens against the Foxes, and while he believes Everton won’t go down, he expects them to be in the relegation zone after Christmas.

“Regardless of what happens against Leicester City this weekend, Silva’s days look numbered. He is not paying a price for failing to be in the top six. He is in trouble for struggling near the bottom three,” the former defender told Telegraph.

“Luck has deserted him as he has been without all of his first-choice midfield, and his big-name striker, Moise Kean, was signed for the future more than now. That does not help.

“I do not believe Everton will go down, although because of the upcoming fixtures I expect they will be in the relegation zone after the next five games. They have not taken advantage of a favourable early-season schedule.”

Yep! Perfect time to play City right now, they’ve played way more games already than Everton, reckon they’re gassed and waiting for the season to end. Carlo took over from Guardiola at Bayern and with have all his playbooks.
Deffo mate. A lot of unrest in their camp at the mo. We can easily capitalise on that. Carlo has played teams that play a constant high line and has schooled them (them lot across the park) before so I am quietly confident he can pull it off on Wednesday again.

Manager Marco Silva is under a lot of pressure, and there is a feeling that defeat at the hands of Leicester City at King Power Stadium on Sunday could get him sacked after he narrowly escaped being fired following last weekend’s 2-0 loss to Norwich City at Goodison Park.

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher reckonsthe Portuguese’ days look numbered regardless of what happens against the Foxes, and while he believes Everton won’t go down, he expects them to be in the relegation zone after Christmas.

“Regardless of what happens against Leicester City this weekend, Silva’s days look numbered. He is not paying a price for failing to be in the top six. He is in trouble for struggling near the bottom three,” the former defender told Telegraph.

“Luck has deserted him as he has been without all of his first-choice midfield, and his big-name striker, Moise Kean, was signed for the future more than now. That does not help.

“I do not believe Everton will go down, although because of the upcoming fixtures I expect they will be in the relegation zone after the next five games. They have not taken advantage of a favourable early-season schedule.”
Sorry I thought the poster was referring to a statement by Carragher that even with Ancelotti we’d be in the bottom three.

Obviously with Silva we would be in the bottom 3 now, so his statement is reasonable even with hindsight.

How about the one sponsored by Megafon.

Would love to meet the clubs videographer, not only is it my dream job (I'm a videographer and graphic designer) but there is just so many strange decisions. The guy looks like he's just got a new lens on this vid with a really wide aperture and couldn't wait to try it out on Don Carlo with that lovely shallow depth of field. He has actually brought him forward here from the press box and out of the lights and opened the lens super wide to get a "cinematic" shot. Totally uncalled for lol but I kinda love seeing it.

You can imagine what an impact on players a manager of such pedigree has. When they've laboured under Sam or Silva it must be a thrill to be in his company.

I think a realistic yet stretching target is to finish 8th. That would end up being a decent season and a fantastic turnaround.

Under Carlo the hope may yet be for more.

If we picked up 8/9 points from the next 4 matches ahead of the winter break, then maybe we can begin to dream of chasing Europe.
8th would be pretty crap tbh. We are only 4 points behind 8th right now with half a season to play for. 8th would be a fat Sam goal/expectation.

Fully expections to fight for 6th or higher now. Would be a disappointment otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.