2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renaissance

EMfaCwMW4AQ3uqv.jpg:large

'yeah they actually thought I was gunna bend down and pick the soap up in the Barlinnie meat shed Don Carlo'

The two biggest risk appointments recently is Solksjaer at United and Arteta. Hiring Ancelotti besides being obvious if he's available, is about the lowest risk you could make. And I'm sure there's supporters of those clubs who wish he was their manager. Furthermore I'd wager right now we'll finish above them, if not this season but the next.

You cant say that with any certainty
They went from playing exciting direct attacking football under Heynkes to Tiki-taka. Heynkes absolutely destroyed the Barca style and it seemed like the dawn of a new era. Unfortunately the Bayern board threw their own style out of the window and went for the fashionable option.

Don’t you remember:

“Bayern faced Barcelona at the semi-final stage, thrashing the favourites 7–0 on aggregate to reach a second successive final.”

Or

”And if Bayern's first-leg demolition shook Europe, their second-leg dominance should ensure even bigger reverberations - such was the magnitude of their dominance in the Nou Camp.

”From Mario Mandzukic's selfless work as the lone striker, to the slick pass-and-move skills of those behind him, the visitors outplayed Tito Vilanova's side.

”Their ruthlessly efficient counter-attacks always carried a goal threat, to the extent that Barcelona were reluctant to commit enough men forward to seriously test the stout Bayern defence.“

The two biggest risk appointments recently is Solksjaer at United and Arteta. Hiring Ancelotti besides being obvious if he's available, is about the lowest risk you could make. And I'm sure there's supporters of those clubs who wish he was their manager. Furthermore I'd wager right now we'll finish above them, if not this season but the next.
Ole doesn’t have a clue, but Arteta seemed very impressive. I guess we will find out on the pitch soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.