New Everton Stadium Discussion

In my opinion, it appears we have left the idea of Council funding behind otherwise it would still be being spoken about. The only logical funding stream available therefore would be from one of our sponsors...

I expect the money will come from a commercial bank who will be happy with a 3 to 5% return over a long period. I doubt our owners will put in more that 150 million of their own money in.

I’m sure that with modern architectural techniques that if the need to add additional seating becomes a necessity, I’m sure the design will allow for it.

don’t get hung up on small details like 9k seats, when in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. Think about the revenue, all year, the development of derelict area, the building boom this will cause for the northern docks, the infrastructure improvements, the jobs it will create. It’s massive

it’s like getting ancelotti in and moaning it’s not Pep.

turn the clock back 4 years ago and if someone would have offered going into 2020 with:
  1. Carlo Ancelotti as managerand
  2. Planning applications submitted for 52k seater stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey
Would your first response be, well it needs to be 60k+?? Of course not.

up the mighty blues
Post of the day this .

Still a great design....but wonder why they moved the car park tho? Don’t think I’ve seen a stadium where a car park is bolted to the side like that.

Someone a few pages back said during wind tunnel tests it came up as causing issues having the car park sepersts to the stadium so that's why it's been moved and attached to the side.

There's actually no confirmation of that.

I suspect they're still in the process of securing full finance options and the time from the planning submission to planning approval will see financing fully secured and then confirmed.

I heard we'll get a cash boost from C4 to be on Grand Designs.

- Kevin McCloud will stroll about site throughout tutting and shaking his head
- He'll outline the benefits of having an actual project manager as Francis Jeffers is pictured staring blankly at a laptop which isn't switched on
- Dan will quit mid-project because of "artistic differences" about the off-plan stained glass windows.
- 75% of the way through there'll be a down-tools because of unseasonal snow in July
- We'll move in before it's finished because Bill (who had been living in a caravan in the carpark for 6 months) reveals he is expecting
#grand designs theme starts playing#
- Kevin McCloud summarizes that we were 200% over-budget, none of this should have worked, but somehow it came together (as a peice of faux brick facia falls off behind him)

Last edited: