Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesnt make any sense...you think Ferguson didnt try to motivate the players last match?

The bloke wanted any kind of result so he can say he was unbeaten...

Whichever way you spin it, hes unbeaten over 90mins with an injury and sickness hit squad.

He was unbeaten and fair play to him, It was refreshing to watch him going up and down, hugging ball balls, punching his fists. But it's called playing to the gallery. I'm not taking anything away from him but perspiration and passion, It's frankly not going to cut it.

What we can hope for is under as astute apprenticeship maybe his time will come. That would be fantastic. Looking at the game today though, his deficiencies were cruelly exposed. It wasn't that the players were tired, they really didn't know what to do.

Arsenal were organised like we were. But he simply had no idea to break them down. They should have been put to the sword. You know that. Yes he was unbeaten but tactically it was basic.

He was unbeaten and fair play to him, It was refreshing to watch him going up and down, hugging ball balls, punching his fists. But it's called playing to the gallery. I'm not taking anything away from him but perspiration and passion, It's frankly not going to cut it.

What we can hope for is under as astute apprenticeship maybe his time will come. That would be fantastic. Looking at the game today though, his deficiencies were cruelly exposed. It wasn't that the players were tired, they really didn't know what to do.

Arsenal were organised like we were. But he simply had no idea to break them down. They should have been put to the sword. You know that. Yes he was unbeaten but tactically it was basic.

Its not really fair to say he was "playing to the gallery". No one knows that, for all we know he could just be like that and full of passion like a fan would be (which everyone who has commented that knows him says he is).

Whether we could have broken them down or not was not factoring in Sickness and injuries as well as tiredness.

Id rather we focused on Ancelotti and not take anything away from a bloke who:

Got 5pts vs United Chelsea and Arsenal
Took the 2nd best team in the league to penalties

All with an unfit and injury hit squad.

Sunday .. Wednesday ... Saturday .... that’s 3 games in 6 days not 2 in a week.

Wed night then Saturday lunchtime 2 games within 62 hours ... which again isn’t a week. Playing against a team that had 6 days recovery.

Longer recovery really as most of those players for Arsenal werent played in the past week.

Not at all. The squad is depleted due to injuries.

we are under-performing, the league table is not representative of how good this squad is.

You add a quality centre back and striker and midfielder....we are right in that top 4 mix.

I actually agree sort of. The problem has been mismanagement resulting in a chronic lack of balance.

We have the core of a very good team in Pickford, Mina, Andre Gomes, Richarlison and so on but we need to bomb out the wastes of space like Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin etc. and replace with very high quality instead that fit a competent managerial vision.

But Ebbrell is our Arteta lol

I think he'll assess everyone internally until the summer and then i think we'll see sweeping changes.

The players must be shattered, from the first minute of Ferguson taking charge they were running full tilt. Its clear that they werent used to that level of endurance and so its no surprise that they couldnt keep it up at Arsenal.

The tactics changed to alot more play on the deck, I think to save energy.

With so many injuries and sickness in the squad it was to be expected.

Now we need to focus on 6pts from Burnley and Newcastle before the nightmare City away game.
The Tosun sub was a huge error, should of been Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.