Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watch couple interviews I believe he got too much emotional and adrenaline during the game just like when he was playing.
It was a rash decision o_O
At the time of the sub, excluding any other considerations, who would you have said were our players most likely to make a mistake that lead to conceding an injury time goal be it a poor pass/not tracking back/stupid tackle/brain fart? I’d have had the shortlist as Kean, Iwobi (through tiredness) and Pickford. Davies would have been on the list earlier in the game but he’d calmed down considerably.

Remember a Shearer Interview when Gullit left him and Big Dunc on the bench against Sunderland and they lost, Shearer was up early next day to go in and have it out with him and when he arrived Dunc was already in there. Tearing a strip off him.
Dunc didn't even love Newcastle.
IMO it will be a measure of how much Kean cares how he reacts to this and if Dunc only wants players playing who are prepared to fight for their shirt then he was 100% right to do what he did.
Long may it continue.
No point having all that potential and high price tag, if you won't put it in. People criticised Rom for lack of effort but he scored goals. Kean doesn't look interested.
Even Richy sulks but scores goals.
Simple really, perform and play.
Not interested then get hooked.
I didn't notice it live, but on motd he had his hands on knees, for a corner we got late on. Strolling around. Think we should sell if I'm honest. He will probably be a world star later on, but think we have a kid who believes his hype.

If Kean was physically unfit (naybe he had whatever creeping crud Sidibe and Sigurdsson had?) then he had to be pulled. The team's psyche would not survive another Leicester stoppage time loss and you can't see out the game with an unfit player.

If Kean was loafing.... it would be harsh IF it were the first time there had been an issue. I didn't think too much of the first time he was late, he's only a kid, everyone makes a mistake. I thought the rumors of immaturity from Italy were cheap shots. Now... the evidence is starting to accumulate that he's a head case. If so, then it had to be done.

If you're 19, and on the pitch for your side at Old Trafford in the 80th+ minute of a 1-1 game, and you've got a full tank because you've only been in the game a few minutes, and don't see it worthwhile to give full effort.... there are literally hundreds of millions of boys and men around the world who would give their left one for that chance, including a few dozen footballers within the club's reach who could compete for your job.

I agree. Although you might want to think twice before throwing me into the mix!

At least Dunc didn’t choke him.

Yep good call by the big man. Choke players after the game.

I tell ye one thing whatever subs he makes on Wednesday they’re going to most likely make an impact. They won’t go hiding that’s for sure.
Will be an interesting match. Leicester have the players hurt you. This is unlike Man Utd, who are rubbish except on the counter. They just can’t break sides down. Leicester are a lot more incisive

You’re dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t with us for Everton managers. People starting to turn on his antics on the touchline now. Years of having miserable sleeping pills in the dugout and now we are complaining. He’s getting us results in a turgid time ffs.

Is it just me, or is the big man being a bit of a show off in the dugout? Taking off the suit jacket, the wristband, subbing off the “lazy” teenager. Smacks of playing to the gallery to me.

Dunno if a soaking wet blazer would be all that comfortable either! Maybe it's his favorite?

Yeah, I'm biased! I was basically wanting it for Dunc (childhood hero), as much as the team yesterday, but it seems to me that a lot of our fans couldn't have a good whinge about the result, or performance yesterday so are now focusing in on the Kean thing, or his Jacket, or sweatband, because it happily provides them with something to be negative about.

I gotta get off the internet when it comes to football to be honest, and just make up my own mind like I used to!
I can't be doing with the negativity all the time.

Dunno if a soaking wet blazer would be all that comfortable either! Maybe it's his favorite?

Yeah, I'm biased! I was basically wanting it for Dunc (childhood hero), as much as the team yesterday, but it seems to me that a lot of our fans couldn't have a good whinge about the result, or performance yesterday so are now focusing in on the Kean thing, or his Jacket, or sweatband, because it happily provides them with something to be negative about.

I gotta get off the internet when it comes to football to be honest, and just make up my own mind like I used to!
I see your point. It all just seems a bit Tim Sherwood to me!

Here here. One thing about online is you get the negative flip side on every single subject in spades.

Is it just me, or is the big man being a bit of a show off in the dugout? Taking off the suit jacket, the wristband, subbing off the “lazy” teenager. Smacks of playing to the gallery to me.

Yeah, perhaps to an extent a little theatrical, but gimmie the passionate Big Dunc show over Marco standing there with his hands in his pockets looking down at his feet any day of the week.

He was a liability while he was on the pitch.

Appalling contribution really.

Status
Not open for further replies.