2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he worked his socks off today, and did it in an intelligent and controlled way. There were numerous times today where he was the nearest man to a United player looking to go forward and blocking that route by positioning himself 5 yards away forcing them to pass sideways - last season he’d have been 2 yards away and dived in with the player either being fouled or skipping around Tom. An interesting combination with Holgate, two different players who managed to dovetail well.

@orly

I didn’t think he was very good, but that could have been by design as we were absorbing a lot of pressure. He did put in a cracking tackle or two. And I’m quite convinced he may have won that tackle he was carded for. I have to see the replay again.

I'm a big fan of Tom's but I don't think he was as good as folks here are saying. He wasn't getting forward with the same initiative that he's shown over the past several weeks. Lots of sideways passing. Plus early on he coughed up a ball in the box that almost became a goal for Utd.

I appreciate that our midfield did not get overrun and that he was a big part of that. He was OK. I don't think he was close to MoTM material. Holgate, DCL, Mina, and even Keane (!!!) had better days.

I'm a big fan of Tom's but I don't think he was as good as folks here are saying. He wasn't getting forward with the same initiative that he's shown over the past several weeks. Lots of sideways passing. Plus early on he coughed up a ball in the box that almost became a goal for Utd.

I appreciate that our midfield did not get overrun and that he was a big part of that. He was OK. I don't think he was close to MoTM material. Holgate, DCL, Mina, and even Keane (!!!) had better days.
I’m not overly concerned with the sideways passing (as he had to be a little more cautious today with all of the injuries and the card) but the mistake he did make stuck out to me like you said. He just needs to be a little more composed. He won’t be that unless he keeps consistently seeing time as he has. He was okay for me. Not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.