Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson just standing on the side line shouting "run,run,run.run" for 19mins

His managerial skill has been superb.
Holgate immediately breaking from a back 3 to a midfield anchor. The system has been tweaked on multiple occassions mid game in both of the matches he has taken charge of.

He has been given an unfit, confidence drained side, ravaged with injuries and outwitted 2 of the SKY 6 darlings.

If silva had hooked Snides or Gylfi for being passengers for 90% their appearances this season we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
...Or when Gylfi managed to avoid the ball for 12minutes(?) in the derby

:coffee:

It wasn't great but then have any of us really seen anything in kean?

I haven't.

He wasn't following instructions given to him when he came on.

Hopefully that's a message from Fergson to brands. "You may think your the Don, but I am the one who knows a footballer"

In modern day football you can get away with what Duncan has done a handful of times before the players will revolt. This could have been let go and Dunc could have pulled him aside tomorrow and said you didn't follow my instructions so you are out of the matchday squad for x games, then some love to say he believes in him if he works harder and that would have been that. A public execution does nobody any good.
Yeah if Dunc makes a habit of this, like Jose for instance, it is a different story.

Willing to give Ferguson the benefit of the doubt because a) the other young players like DCL look like they will run through a brick wall for him b) he isn’t the only manager who appears to have had issues with Kean.

Tough one to call really, if Kean was just wandering around not contributing then maybe he needs a good kick in the arse and being hooked a few minutes after coming on might have him cop on a bit, on the other hand he's only 19 stuck out on the wing and was already in need of a confidence boost this might not have done him any good.

That’s not what Ferguson said.

I never said it was. What Ferguson “said” - that it was nothing personal and he just had to make a sub to waste time - was clearly horse manure and anyone with a brain can see that.

He’s protecting the players value with what he said. He’s inevitably off now.

But actions speak far louder than words and his actions in subbing him off just 15 minutes after subbing him on says everything. He had failed to do as he was told, he wasn’t putting a shift in and he was letting the team down - so he was hooked.

It wasn’t until I read this thread that I found out he was actually on for 19 minutes. It felt like 5, as he barely got involved. Love to have been a fly on the wall in the changing room after the way Dunc blanked him as he came off.

Ok what did Kean do
Gave away three stupid fouls
Had to go liability. Unfortunately he will be done now

Depends how he reacts.

I remember Klopp making the RS all hold hands and salute the fans after scraping a draw at home v WBA.

Made everyone laugh.

I wonder what his reaction was in the dressing room. That bell doesn't suffer fools.

As a club we have been too nice for far too long.

Hopefully Kean responds with an actual goal and puts a shift in to 'prove' Duncan wrong. If not then he can get in the bin with the other wasters who have stolen a living from Everton.

His stats says it all. Not only a passenger but a liability for 19 minutes. Correct decision and right to be ruthless. Being nice and ignoring it could have been costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.