Everton/ Celtic Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an extra twist in 1985 because Rapid Vienna k’o ked Celtic our of the cup winners cup in dubious circumstances following a playoff brought about by a Vienna player feigning injury from a bottle thrown by a Celtic fan.
It was quite common for Celtic fans especially to bring a coach (or two it seemed) to Merseyside if they did not have a game on the Saturday but we did, or the RS. I think it was most likely late October linked to the date of the Scottish League cup final.
There were lots of Celtic fans in Rotterdam 85 supporting us against Rapid Vienna, with lots of chants of Celtic during match

I was in the Upper GS in 1984 and we beat Man Utd 5-0 and a load of Celtic had come down to the match and were singing, Hail Hail the Celts are here
After that the hats appeared to my knowledge. They were definitely at that game. I'm not sure if they had no game that day or it was pre arranged. I've never seen a EFC / Rangers hat. I also don't like Celtic
There was an extra twist in 1985 because Rapid Vienna k’o ked Celtic our of the cup winners cup in dubious circumstances following a playoff brought about by a Vienna player feigning injury from a bottle thrown by a Celtic fan.
It was quite common for Celtic fans especially to bring a coach (or two it seemed) to Merseyside if they did not have a game on the Saturday but we did, or the RS. I think it was most likely late October linked to the date of the Scottish League cup final.
I was down on a Celtic bus for the Man U game, the reason there was so many Celts at the game was they were due to play Rangers that weekend but Rangers had made it to the League cup final which was played on the same day so the Celtic lads looked for an alternative game to go to..
I was on the Cumbernauld supporters bus and we went post match to the old supporters club in City Road, also there was a Govan Celtic bus at some point during the night something happened, all hell broke loose and there was a big fight between the 2 buses and the place got wrecked, it was like the ok coral.
I was also at the Celtic Rapid Vienna, I was in the Rangers end of the old stadium and there was more jumped over the turnstiles than went through them, I've not been in a worse crush than that night and it got worse each time Celtic scored.
Celtic played them off the park but as stated the game had to be replayed and the rest as they say was history, I was at the final in Rotterdam so actually saw Rapid Vienna knocked out twice, I often wondered if there were many had attended both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.