Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how people attack him, call him uninspiring, etc, but then totally discount all the stuff he achieved at the club!

So achievement is based on stability and working on a limited budget? He really did achieve by not achieving then. Mediocrity personified.

Personally, my expectations for the club include winning silverware. We've had managers at the club who have done that before, on a limited budget and when we were nearer the bottom of the league than the top.

I don't know if they were in your lifetime but they're my yardstick.

Chairman of our shareholders association is suitably scathing about Moyes in this from about 25:00

Says he thinks the only reason he's in the conversation is journalists trying to make a story out of limited insight. Doesn't believe even Kenwright wants him. Doesn't see any place for him in the current structure of the club. Is a failure. Nobody else wants him. Would bring back his old staff. Would be an indictiment of total failure at every level of the club.

He's good on how he thinks the process works straight after the Moyes stuff too.

^^^ This.

He belongs in the bin with Pardew & Hughes & Malkie Mackay. He took us as far as he could, that was clear to see. He’s a dinosaur & threatens to slap women.
Yep, it’s a measure of how far we have fallen, how small time our mentality is that we would go BACK to a manager that plays for draws and has never won a thing of note in 20 years!
So sad

So achievement is based on stability and working on a limited budget? He really did achieve by not achieving then. Mediocrity personified.

Personally, my expectations for the club include winning silverware. We've had managers at the club who have done that before, on a limited budget and when we were nearer the bottom of the league than the top.

I don't know if they were in your lifetime but they're my yardstick.
You expect silverware? It's been a quarter of a century since we last won a cup!

You guys are acting like spoiled brats. No team has a right to win ANYTHING. It has to be earned.

Spurs haven't won the league title since the early 60's, do you think their supporters don't expect the club to compete for honours. Why do you think they just hired Mourinho? It's not cause they all wanna sit round and sing kumbaya.

It's a statement of intent on behalf of the club just as, disastrously re-hiring David Moyes, would be a statement of intent of our club.

Spurs haven't won the league title since the early 60's, do you think their supporters don't expect the club to compete for honours. Why do you think they just hired Mourinho? It's not cause they all wanna sit round and sing kumbaya.

It's a statement of intent on behalf of the club just as, disastrously re-hiring David Moyes, would be a statement of intent of our club.
Now you are moving the goalposts. Expecting to compete for honours is vastly different to expecting silverware. And we did in fact compete for honours when he was in charge, both in Europe, and in at home. We lacked the quality of the Sky 4 of course, who had much higher funding.

Ignore him mate, he's obviously a davek disciple on the wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.