Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop pretending it was sarcasm. You honestly thought I meant Alex haha!

What would be the point bringing in Moyes short term? Or at all.

If they are still looking then leave Big Dunc in charge until then.

That's what I was saying.
Obviously I knew what you meant - Ferguson retired years ago. But the big man is too much of a gamble, and he admits he is not ready to be a manager yet.

Let’s be honest too, Saturday was great, but Chelsea could have scored a bundle with more incisive play. Of course, you need luck, but let’s see how things pan out on Saturday trying to play 4-4-2 against a counter-attacking Man Utd team.

Obviously I knew what you meant - Ferguson retired years ago. But the big man is too much of a gamble, and he admits he is not ready to be a manager yet.

Let’s be honest too, Saturday was great, but Chelsea could have scored a bundle with more incisive play. Of course, you need luck, but let’s see how things pan out on Saturday trying to play 4-4-2 against a counter-attacking Man Utd team.
If they dont commit it will end up like when they gave unsey the helm then panicked and brought in Allardyce

Glad it gave you a wry smile....

However I hope you take my point seriously as we have had Martinez,Koeman & Silva since Moyes all who have failed to achieve what Moyes achieved here....

My point was a fair one considering some animosity when Moyes left for Man utd & some fans will never forgive him for doing that no matter what he did here under the restraints he had....

Mate I was pro-Moyes long after everybody else hated him.

His comments at United didnt bother me regarding Felli and Baines, nor when he said Everton fans are a disgrace, I dont and have never blamed him for leaving for United.

What he did here, with the resources he had was nothing short of marvelous, he took us from the bottom to near the top, but that was a long time ago and at the end I was kind of glad to see him go, simply cos no matter his strengths, his weaknesses were always going to hold us back.

Since he left us hes stank at United, stank in Spain, took Sunderland down and had a terrible win rate at West Ham.

Appointing him would do the same as when we appointed Sam, it highlighted just how much of a nothing club we are, cos managers like Moyes and Sam only join nothing teams.

Moyes has been without question our best manager since Kendall first time around, but just cos Martinez, Koeman and Silva were crap, it doesnt mean we go back to a manager whos best year in his whole career ended with defeat at Wembley or getting knocked out of the CL at the first proper hurdle.

People have different reasons why they dont want Moyes back, for me its cos hes a really crap manager.

Mate I was pro-Moyes long after everybody else hated him.

His comments at United didnt bother me regarding Felli and Baines, nor when he said Everton fans are a disgrace, I dont and have never blamed him for leaving for United.

What he did here, with the resources he had was nothing short of marvelous, he took us from the bottom to near the top, but that was a long time ago and at the end I was kind of glad to see him go, simply cos no matter his strengths, his weaknesses were always going to hold us back.

Since he left us hes stank at United, stank in Spain, took Sunderland down and had a terrible win rate at West Ham.

Appointing him would do the same as when we appointed Sam, it highlighted just how much of a nothing club we are, cos managers like Moyes and Sam only join nothing teams.

Moyes has been without question our best manager since Kendall first time around, but just cos Martinez, Koeman and Silva were crap, it doesnt mean we go back to a manager whos best year in his whole career ended with defeat at Wembley or getting knocked out of the CL at the first proper hurdle.

People have different reasons why they dont want Moyes back, for me its cos hes a really crap manager.
Bit arrogant to say Man Utd, Real Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham are nothing teams. Seriously, get a grip.

Even in league one Sunderland is a massive club with a lot of history.

It's our obligation to inform you that we ran background checks on your account.

We had genuine reason to suspect you was David Moyes' agent which would call into question the integrity of your posts.

It appears we were not correct, please accept our apology for the intrusion.

I find this peculiar...

Plenty of Moyes fans out there being drained out or to frightened to voice their opinion through fear of being ridiculed by social media etc....

I find this peculiar...

Plenty of Moyes fans out there being drained out or to frightened to voice their opinion through fear of being ridiculed by social media etc....
What I find weird is the likes of Silva and Martinez have more goodwill than a manager who was with the club through 11 years and nursed it through some of its toughest times. All because he took the biggest job in football management?!? (With the possible exception of Real Madrid)

However I hope you take my point seriously as we have had Martinez,Koeman & Silva since Moyes all who have failed to achieve what Moyes achieved here....

My point was a fair one considering some animosity when Moyes left for Man utd & some fans will never forgive him for doing that no matter what he did here under the restraints he had....
Actually all the managers you mention achieved exactly the same as Moyes, absolutely nothing.
They just took less time.

Actually all the managers you mention achieved exactly the same as Moyes, absolutely nothing.
They just took less time.
So if you won 100K on the lottery you would say you lost, as you didn’t win the jackpot?!?

There is way more to evaluating a manager’s performance than just winning trophies. If that was the case managers would not leave Celtic to work in the Championship

If he gets the job, I will support him as much as anyone else. If I was him I wouldn't take it though. Obviously the owner doesn't really want him and a large section of the fans.

What, failed to win a single thing or beat big 6 away? Sorry but you just sound nostalgic for very average times in the history of EFC

If he gets the job, I will support him as much as anyone else. If I was him I wouldn't take it though. Obviously the owner doesn't really want him and a large section of the fans.

I normally support our managers, but I wont support him, I will of course support the team, but when he comes in, I want him out as soon as that whistle blows at Wembley in the cup final.

What I find weird is the likes of Silva and Martinez have more goodwill than a manager who was with the club through 11 years and nursed it through some of its toughest times. All because he took the biggest job in football management?!? (With the possible exception of Real Madrid)

Exactly, we have tried the young ambitious foreign managers it has not worked.....

Moyes knows Everton he loves Everton & he has the passion to get us back up that table & into Europe...

The same posters on here moaning about Davey Moyes are the very same posters who take the xxxx out of DCL which really is unforgivable & clearly wrong just as they are about Moyes....

So if you won 100K on the lottery you would say you lost, as you didn’t win the jackpot?!?

There is way more to evaluating a manager’s performance than just winning trophies. If that was the case managers would not leave Celtic to work in the Championship
This is a competitive sport , success is measured in silverware.
Survival is the bare minimum required .
All that lies in between is mediocre.
Moyes was mediocre.
Plus he’s a particularly uninspiring manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.