Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem:

'Rzouki adds: "He has this desire to work with experienced professionals, he is not really there to motivate you to play this game. He feels that should be your job and you should know how to do it already.

'"He needs champions rather than those he can build up to be champions. I don't think he is the right choice for Arsenal."'

Okay, but also

"He will not be short of offers and has already been linked with the managerial vacancies at Arsenal and Everton, so is a return to the Premier League possible?

"Does he suit Arsenal? Absolutely not," says Balague. "Unai Emery in theory would have been a good addition but it did not work. At Everton though, he could do a really good job.""

It’s not a case of making me happy, but what’s best for the club in the near future.

Any new manager is going to require a settling in period, but time isn’t on our side; we don’t have a favourable buffer to give him three or four losses to get to grips. Plus, many fancy-Dan types work on the premise that scoring more goals than the opposition is key, and treat build-up play as a priority with little regard to defending in general, especially set pieces - to say nothing of zonal...........

We need to operate as a team when it comes playing without the ball, and defending in all its forms, from front to back - with ALL positions involved, if we’re to keep vitally important clean sheets.

This requires the right strategy for the task, everybody well-briefed on what is required of them, strict discipline and high levels of fitness to match.

This needs to be drilled; Moyes is the only name on this long list of candidates capable of performing the task in the time-frame available.

And of course, settling back into things wouldn’t be the issue it could, with some.

Makes total sense to me.

How do you know that Moyes is the only candidate capable of the task in the time frame available? 6 years have passed and this is a completely different club and a different set of players than when Moyes was here and he didn't exactly set the world on fire when he was here anyway. He has been sacked from 2 clubs and got relegated in another and has been out of work for 18 months because no club wants him. There is arguably more of a chance that we would get relegated with him in charge than move upwards.

It honestly boggles my mind how any Evertonian could want him back. It has to be more about sentimentality than common sense imo.

He needs to stay in the past and the best thing for the club for now and the future is a top class manager like this fella or the like.

How do you know that Moyes is the only candidate capable of the task in the time frame available? 6 years have passed and this is a completely different club and a different set of players than when Moyes was here and he didn't exactly set the world on fire when he was here anyway. He has been sacked from 2 clubs and got relegated in another and has been out of work for 18 months because no club wants him. There is arguably more of a chance that we would get relegated with him in charge than move upwards.

It honestly boggles my mind how any Evertonian could want him back. It has to be more about sentimentality than common sense imo.

He needs to stay in the past and the best thing for the club for now and the future is a top class manager like this fella or the like.

Yep. What once was will not necessarily be again. It rarely works like that.

What more do people want?

I still don't believe we are after him so for the record I'm not getting excited.

But this is a manager who has coached the top level for 20 years. Has won European cups , league titles , domestic trophies etc. This is a man who commands respect in the world of football and actually would have pull on players who otherwise wouldn't look twice at us, just to play in his team. Whatever his managerial style, he gets results and he gets wins, speaks volumes that he can win leagues even when the players don't like him or his methods.

Given his pedigree , his Honours list and his experience, you should be praying to whatever god's you hold dear that this is a real story. This is as good as it gets, a top level manager who commands respect and delivers trophies. We would see a winning team finally , better players , perhaps even dream of a top 4 in the near future and champions league football. We may finally win something for the first time in 24 years. Given that the former Preston/Wigan/Southampton/Watford managers failed to do that.

There is no discussion. This is the real deal and every single one of us best be hoping we see him as manager in the very near future.

This fella obviously has a very very impressive CV.

But so does Lewis Hamilton. Is it a bit daft of me to think that Ancelottis track record is delivering results with the utter elite clubs and players, so coming here would be like lobbing Hamilton in a Skoda next F1 season and expecting a result?

Asking, as ever, for a friend.

But so does Lewis Hamilton. Is it a bit daft of me to think that Ancelottis track record is delivering results with the utter elite clubs and players, so coming here would be like lobbing Hamilton in a Skoda next F1 season and expecting a result?

Hamilton would still get on the podium because he's a top driver.

Honestly mate, if there is a Sniff of a chance of getting a top end manager in like Ancelotti, I sincerely hope we do our absolute utmost to do it. It would galvanise us all, put a bit of belief back into the fans and be a real statement of intent that the club isn't just here to make up the numbers.

I certainly don't want to appear rude but it seems an odd argument.

Would Hamilton win the F1 season in a Skoda?

No.

Would he finish higher in the F1 in a Skoda than an unproven novice / someone who has proven they can't finish well in a Skoda?

Yes.

The managerial position has been the biggest barrier to us progressing as a club since Moshiri took over. Frankly the calibre of manager hasn’t been up to the standard to regularly challenge for the champions league places, despite large funds invested in the squad. The RS struck gold landing klopp when they did, Napoli have just sacked Carlo. We should not waste this opportunity!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.