Everton/ Celtic Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
They stood out more because there was more of them.

I attended most home games during the 80s and I quite clearly remember saying to my cousin at the time why there was no Everton/Rangers bobble hats, only Everton Celtic ones. I can't remember what he said but being a young kid at the time I didn't associate them with Catholic/Protestant.

I remember loads of Everton/Celtic versions, but I don't remember seeing a single Everton/Rangers one.

I attended most home games during the 80s and I quite clearly remember saying to my cousin at the time why there was no Everton/Rangers bobble hats, only Everton Celtic ones. I can't remember what he said but being a young kid at the time I didn't associate them with Catholic/Protestant.

There's probably an article somewhere on The Anfield Wrap by some spanner like "Jeggsy Dodds" completely refuting it and re-writing history....probably claiming that Liverpool fans invented the half and half hat phenomenon...and quite possibly the woollen industry...and the industrial revolution.

Hi- just posting here in regards to an Everton/ Celtic hat. Apparently made to commemorate a specific match. My Uncle’s asking about them- can’t find them anywhere- just wondering if anyone knows anything about them- or has one they don’t want or need? Happy to buy it off anyone who has one.

I don’t think they were made for any specific match.

They had RS/Celtic ones as well.

Ditto United and Arsenal.

I think it was just a marketing ploy to make money from the big Irish fanbase those clubs have.

DxvIXp3X4AE2crK.jpg

Sod the old firm

I was in the Upper GS in 1984 and we beat Man Utd 5-0 and a load of Celtic had come down to the match and were singing, Hail Hail the Celts are here
After that the hats appeared to my knowledge. They were definitely at that game. I'm not sure if they had no game that day or it was pre arranged. I've never seen a EFC / Rangers hat. I also don't like Celtic

Used to prefer Rangers.

Now I prefer Celtic.

No clues as to why.
Celtic for me it's from my Irish family heritage, that said my grandad before moving from Glasgow to Liverpool always said he had a soft touch for Celtic but was always a blue even then

There was an extra twist in 1985 because Rapid Vienna k’o ked Celtic our of the cup winners cup in dubious circumstances following a playoff brought about by a Vienna player feigning injury from a bottle thrown by a Celtic fan.
It was quite common for Celtic fans especially to bring a coach (or two it seemed) to Merseyside if they did not have a game on the Saturday but we did, or the RS. I think it was most likely late October linked to the date of the Scottish League cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.