Expectations - what can we achieve by May 2020?

What can a new manager realistically achieve by May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet on a top-half finish this season but the only expectation I have is inconsistency. Alas.

At the start of this season I was somewhat optimistic we could challenge for a top 4 place (like Leicester are doing, there was definitely an opportunity with alot of teams uncertain about their prospects). I rated our team about as good as Chelsea and have been shocked at our different fortunes which I can only put down to management.

Top 4 is definitely gone this season. Still there is 58% of games to play. Top 6 should be the target with 7th or 8th being what is perhaps realistic. I don't think that's unreasonable.
We've also been done by VAR to a minimum of 5 points, that would put us joint 8th. That's only the times when VAR got it wrong there is also times VAR wasn't called on when it should have been, against Liverpool there was 3 times where VAR could have been called on but wasn't, Robertson's elbow, Alexander Arnold's stamp and Van Dike push on DCL in the box.. so to only put it down to management is slightly off certainly 50% management 30% players not arsed and 20% bad luck and poor refereeing

We've also been done by VAR to a minimum of 5 points, that would put us joint 8th. That's only the times when VAR got it wrong there is also times VAR wasn't called on when it should have been, against Liverpool there was 3 times where VAR could have been called on but wasn't, Robertson's elbow, Alexander Arnold's stamp and Van Dike push on DCL in the box.. so to only put it down to management is slightly off certainly 50% management 30% players not arsed and 20% bad luck and poor refereeing
Can guarantee that if Big Dunc was on the touchline for that derby he would've of contested those to the hilt, instead we had Marco who wouldnt say boo to a ghost

A week today we face Leicester City who will probably change their team with them
Playing Man City on the Saturday
This is for a place in the cup semi final
This is the biggest game in our season. I’d sacrifice Sunday to win the cup game and at least give us all some hope and belief and something to look forward too
Lose this and there’s a lot of pressure on that Anfield game in January and we all know realistically what happens

To be in the PL in 20/21.
Call me stupid but I couldn’t care less about the premier league if it meant us winning the cup and beating them at the pit.
Be fun in the championship going Barnsley QPR Preston and a few new places for a bit. Come back be bought out by a Arab and win the premier league with a 94th minute goal
Easy

Can you present that in a pie chart?

Can you present that in a pie chart?
Sure can buddy.
Screenshot_20191211-163211_1.jpg

But dour Davie meant it as an insult. That we cannot beat these sides as we did not have the resources. It excused his failings as a manager.

Why we lost that FA cup final to Chelsea, after Saha scoring in the first couple of minutes.

Moyes crapped himself, and THEY were running around Wembley with the cup.

In terms of expectations now, it's avoiding relegation.

No matter who we bring in...

At best 8th
At worst 12th.

In reality, the margins between the two will be very small between at best and at worst.

That's why the last three seasons we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th

It is what it is. Only a top, top manager supported by a top DOF (Is that Brands? We'll see...) will progress Everton.

Until then, we're pissing in the wind.

I feel like we need to aim for stability and re-establish ourselves as a top 8 team. Going for broke to make the top 6 has blown up in our faces twice now. A stable manager and squad and then build from there. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think its realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.