Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second paragraph is easier said than done. Those types of managers don't exactly grow on trees so attracting one isn't straightforward at all. Plus Pochettino wouldn't qualify by that standard but someone like Emery would and no one would want him.

I hear you on that. But it comes down to money. We're told that ya man who nobody wanted is staying in China for a $30 mil wedge, is that true? I don't know. What I will say is this, offer people a decent amount to work on oil rigs or feckin Alaska, you'll get someone.

Would I work in China, no. Not a chance, if you offer me an absurd amount of money. I'd consider it. That's the kicker. Man City were a joke. If you're playing silly buggers and you really want to compete. You have to spend the money.

Would we get the best, probably not, however you're on the ladder. We're not even close though. The club is playing at being a player. That's what the muppets in the media are fed. Moshiri wanted a "Hollywood name". We ended up getting the Southampton manager, Alladyce and the Hull manager. That's a piss take.

How long is it before the season ticket holders and the match paying supporters go, enough is enough? It doesn't matter if there is a promise of a brand new stadium on the horizon.

When you have to justify to your wife and kids, exactly why are you paying all this money to make you miserable every weekend? Coming out of your wages.

We can talk about our history or say it's just around the corner. Eventually it just becomes empty rhetoric. Especially when the neighbors go from strength to strength. That's the tipping point. When the supporters will no longer accept incompetence.

It's coming. Sure as hell. We're a proud city. Don't ask for whom the bell tolls. The board should keep that in mind.

Very worrying trend going on today in the press and media.

Moyes is being hailed left right and centre, the club are deffo putting out feelers and trying to soften the blow when he's announced.

This is while Carlo Ancelotti is available, be criminal if we didn't attempt to get him.

How long is it before the season ticket holders and the match paying supporters go, enough is enough? It doesn't matter if there is a promise of a brand new stadium on the horizon.

When you have to justify to your wife and kids, exactly why are you paying all this money to make you miserable every weekend? Coming out of your wages.

We can talk about our history or say it's just around the corner. Eventually it just becomes empty rhetoric. Especially when the neighbors go from strength to strength. That's the tipping point. When the supporters will no longer accept incompetence.

It's coming. Sure as hell. We're a proud city. Don't ask for whom the bell tolls. The board should keep that in mind.

I will not be renewing my ST if Moyes comes in. I already stopped going under his first reign.

I definitely don't want Moyes back but i do almost feel a bit sorry for him as to how against having him back Evertonians are given he did a better job here than every manager since. I know he's been turbo gash ever since but still...

No although I suspect the likes of Phil Kirkbride and Dave Prentice will have their first drafts written by now to hold back the flames.

I don’t particularly want him back, but there’s a lot of “if we appoint him I’m not going the match again, I’m finished with them”.

Firstly, yes you will.

And secondly, get over yourself.

Not sure if you agree?

It's clear to me that I completely disagree with you.

Everton won't get relegated - the thought of such shouldn't play any role in appointing the next manager of the club. Let's not repeat Allardyce.

As I said in another thread before;

Yep id completely disagree, there is a real risk there in my opinion, we are approaching half way now and dont have half the points to 40, poor form over five games and a wrong appointment away from that not improving.

I wish i had your confidence though.

If you have to justify your spending to the kids then the balance of power in the house is a little out

It ultimately comes down to what better managers can we get on a temporary basis. If none then it's probably Moysie for us; unless you back Big Dunc.

I would personally hope that Moyes wouldn't force us to compensate him if we told him to get lost at the end of the season, given the history.

But there is the inherent danger of him succeeding too much.

Just seen the bbc sport lead page........”Everton: David Moyes still under consideration” :mad:

The problem with this is if we lose the next two, the shouts about needing a firefighter to save us will resurface.

Status
Not open for further replies.