Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, i agree with you there, i think there is a real risk we could get relegated both with the competency on and off the field. If i was that confident we wouldn't id just give it to Duncan until the need of the year. But i think we are long way off of definitely not getting relegated or at least the risk is real.

Not sure if you agree?

It's clear to me that I completely disagree with you.

Everton won't get relegated - the thought of such shouldn't play any role in appointing the next manager of the club. Let's not repeat Allardyce.

As I said in another thread before;

No matter who we bring in...

At best 8th
At worst 12th.

In reality, the margins between the two will be very small between at best and at worst.

That's why the last three seasons we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th

It is what it is. Only a top, top manager supported by a top DOF (Is that Brands? We'll see...) will progress Everton.

Until then, we're pissing in the wind.

Moshiri really needs to put his cards on the table. Literally it's time to stop talking and walk the walk. A Moyes appointment would be pathetic. To invest nearly half a billion and your return is where we started? That's worse than a bad coke habit.

If you are serious about reinvigorating the club, appoint a manager who has a track record of winning something. Not in some two horse race league. A proven winner. Show intent that you mean business. That's how successful business operate.

Unless of course your sole reason to be here, is to sell on real estate from the dock.
The second paragraph is easier said than done. Those types of managers don't exactly grow on trees so attracting one isn't straightforward at all. Plus Pochettino wouldn't qualify by that standard but someone like Emery would and no one would want him.

Even though the poll is showing that the vast majority of people dont want Moyes back, i find it very alarming that out of the 8225 people who voted, 1586 people actually do want him back. It is absolutely mind boggling tbh.

Even though the poll is showing that the vast majority of people dont want Moyes back, i find it very alarming that out of the 8225 people who voted, 1586 people actually do want him back. It is absolutely mind boggling tbh.

The poll was before Chelsea, and when he was the favourite according to BBC.

If we ran it now, I think the vote would be higher than 80% against tbh.

The poll was before Chelsea, and when he was the favourite according to BBC.

If we ran it now, I think the vote would be higher than 80% against tbh.

Yeah good point that.

My curiosity makes me game for a new vote to see where we are at. lol

A mate of mine(friend of a director at Arsenal FC) has just text me to say that Arsenal are about to appoint David Moyes as manager, I kid you not.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.