Expectations - what can we achieve by May 2020?

What can a new manager realistically achieve by May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

toffee9

Player Valuation: £750k
We are spending a lot of time discussing who will be the next manager now that Silva has been sacked. Perhaps though we should be discussing what are our expectations for the rest of this season from a next manager. What can Everton realistically achieve by May 2020 with the players we have from where we now start? At least then, whoever the next manager is, we can judge their performance objectively.

Everton have shown they can take on CL teams and beat them after defeating Chelsea 3-1 at Goodison in Duncan Ferguson's inspirational first game as caretaker manager. Flash in the pan or an indicator of what's been missing - a big personality with a tremendous desire to do the very best for this club? So with 22 games left, where should we be aiming to finish?

No matter who we bring in...

At best 8th
At worst 12th.

In reality, the margins between the two will be very small between at best and at worst.

That's why the last three seasons we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th

It is what it is. Only a top, top manager supported by a top DOF (Is that Brands? We'll see...) will progress Everton.

Until then, we're pissing in the wind.

No matter who we bring in...

At best 8th
At worst 12th.

In reality, the margins between the two will be very small between at best and at worst.

That's why the last three seasons we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th

It is what it is. Only a top, top manager supported by a top DOF (Is that Brands? We'll see...) will progress Everton.

Until then, we're pissing in the wind.

Every word of this.

And once Moyes' Everton take the knife to the gunfight at Old Trafford on Sunday?

I never understood the backlash of that comment. I thought it makes us sound bad-ass. Like Wolverine taking on a load of armed henchmen or something.

I never understood the backlash of that comment. I thought it makes us sound bad-ass. Like Wolverine taking on a load of armed henchmen or something.

But dour Davie meant it as an insult. That we cannot beat these sides as we did not have the resources. It excused his failings as a manager.

My expectations are completely dependant on this forthcoming appointment of a manager. If we bring in a top manager then probably anything between 7th and 12th and signs of forward progression will do this season considering how poor we have been. However if we bring in a tosser then i will have no expectations whatsoever mainly due to not giving a cack either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.