Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the weekend has changed the minds of those charged with appointing the new manager.... maybe not changed completely but altered somewhat.

I am think back to the Howard Kendall suggestion about Duncan Ferguson... appoint him as manager with an elder stateman to mentor him for a couple of seasons.

Before last Saturday I think there would have been very little said if a new manager decided that Duncan was not part of his plans and that he should leave the club..... I think that has become a much more unlikely scenario now but would a new manager be happy to be told who his new no. 2 will be.

I wonder if the weekend has changed the minds of those charged with appointing the new manager.... maybe not changed completely but altered somewhat.

I am think back to the Howard Kendall suggestion about Duncan Ferguson... appoint him as manager with an elder stateman to mentor him for a couple of seasons.

Before last Saturday I think there would have been very little said if a new manager decided that Duncan was not part of his plans and that he should leave the club..... I think that has become a much more unlikely scenario now but would a new manager be happy to be told who his new no. 2 will be.
Duncan is coach, not manager material.

We need to look at somebody who may already know Brands or at the very least be used to working with a DOF.

The media are just throwing out names , at this stage they are almost guaranteed to be right as just about every manager has been linked by them to us by now.

I think there are definitely some preferred candidate/s but if they are amongst the names mentioned we don't know... as I have said already the only factor that may alter things slightly is the Duncan Ferguson impact.

Duncan is coach, not manager material.
I know that he said that himself, but what does that even mean ?
All coaches are potential managers, he is 47 years old, worked closely under three managers, it is his ambition to manage... I am not sure what it will take for him to be ever ready apart from leaving Everton and trying his luck with a different club.

I know that he said that himself, but what does that even mean ?
All coaches are potential managers, he is 47 years old, worked closely under three managers, it is his ambition to manage... I am not sure what it will take for him to be ever ready apart from leaving Everton and trying his luck with a different club.

To be fair, if the current model of a DoF is to be adhered to then all we need is a coach.

The DOF is responsible for seeking out players and buying them. Is that the case. Then the head coach as far as I'm concerned should be an inspirational figure who can have the final say on team selection and motivate the players. If that was gonna be me, which it's not for obvious reasons, I would ask my DOF to go and get me the best coaches, the best physios, the best dietitians and nutritionists and best medical teams along with all the other people that make up modern day footballs backroom staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.